Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2022-new-car-calendar-australia-may-update-2

WhichCar.Com.Au - marks the Nissan Z due to arrive in August (updated 18th May 2022).
Make of it what you will, but I'm pretty sure it has previously marked arrival for 'mid-year'.

A couple of thoughts..
Haven't spotted any Aus cars on the transport photos coming out yet- how long does it typically take from production --> showroom?
Will they need to do ANCAP crash testing, or will they scoot it through on the back of the 370Z?
I once tried to find the ANCAP rating for my 370Z, from what I could gather car has never been tested.
Just had a quick look and no results for the Supra either.
Looks like these type of cars don't get tested for some reason

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
I once tried to find the ANCAP rating for my 370Z, from what I could gather car has never been tested.
Just had a quick look and no results for the Supra either.
Looks like these type of cars don't get tested for some reason
Yeah, thanks Peter- I had no idea!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2022-new-car-calendar-australia-may-update-2

WhichCar.Com.Au - marks the Nissan Z due to arrive in August (updated 18th May 2022).
Make of it what you will, but I'm pretty sure it has previously marked arrival for 'mid-year'.

A couple of thoughts..
Haven't spotted any Aus cars on the transport photos coming out yet- how long does it typically take from production --> showroom?
Will they need to do ANCAP crash testing, or will they scoot it through on the back of the 370Z?
Well August is still mid year ( and it could be August 1 for all we know) ā€¦.as I said before Iā€™m ok with that, as long as that is when WE get the car not just demos
No idea about testing, but hopefully likely goes off safety features

Productionā€¦Iā€™m pretty sure 1000 cars could be pumped out within a few weeks ā€¦.still trying to be hopeful.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
I'm hearing rumours of demo/media cars within the next few weeks though I'm not expecting anything like the media shindig in USA.

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
I'm hearing rumours of demo/media cars within the next few weeks though I'm not expecting anything like the media shindig in USA.
That would be awesome still. Can finally check out the car in person!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I wouldnā€™t be surprised, a lot of the walk around reviews from Aus mentioned that there would be drive reviews in the ā€œnext few weeksā€ not months.
Like you I think there will only be half a dozen and compared to the US they wonā€™t be movie productionsšŸ¤£
But hoping if that is the case (because the reviews were held over a week ago now) that we willl get those in the next two to three weeks (mid June) and then we see ours very end of July early August.
Again, I know Iā€™m being overly optimisticā€¦.but after a year if Iā€™m not, Iā€™ll cry with every push back. So Iā€™m choosing to be naive and live in hope šŸ¤£

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
24-28 days via ship from Japan so hopefully we start hearing / seeing a bit more soon! šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»
Plenty of car carriers coming through Freo WA in the next few months, looks to be at least one per week.

On another noteā€¦.someone asked if the car has electric side mirrors ( canā€™t remember who) the spec sheet says yes, with auto de mister on them too

Another email from Nissan Aus today, another email with no new informationšŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Last edited:

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Called up,

$1k deposit. No test driveā€¦ but will get a car confirmed for October delivery.

$82k D.A

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Called up,

$1k deposit. No test driveā€¦ but will get a car confirmed for October delivery.

$82k D.A
October for an order placed this week is pretty impressive. Did you go ahead/receive build paperwork?

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Story today on Carexpert that Nissan confirmed all Proto's for Australia sold out and that anyone interested in the performance version to register on their website. How can they encourage more people to register interest when they cant even confirm the ones that have paid deposits for.
Again not much we can do but sit back and keep waiting, even if they cant commit to a delivery month they must know what their production rates and inventory will be so that dealers could notify people and at least confirm that they will get a car this year.
I don't mind waiting as long as I know I will get a car this year.