First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I would have thought these these car dealers would have had a draft email ready to go to all who had placed a deposit, informing them of the price ($73300) and what the on road costs would be.
Sadly most have been sitting idle instead of being pro active.
We as the buyers should not have to constantly
chase them up for updates.
I have contacted the two dealers I have orders with, the have said they will email me the details.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Osborne park have been shocking Iā€™ve found always me contracting them like an eager kid
I honestly donā€™t think itā€™s their fault, my guy there is always happy to answer questionsā€¦to that end

My dealer responded saying they have still not heard anything officially from Nissan. He didnā€™t say he was annoyedā€¦but the tone of the email suggested he may beā€¦and who can blame him, here Nissan is splashing the news around to everyone except those that really matter. The dealers are probably getting hammered today and are no further in the know than us.

He did sayā€¦.going by the price of 73000k thatā€™s in the clips, that would put on road costs at around 7500 extraā€¦but he did also say that the price mentioned in the clips did not say if it included luxury car tax or not, and if It didnā€™t that too would also need to be added, so in the end his final advice not knowing if this is or is not the case was.,.we just need to wait to hear from Nissan directly

So as you can see he tried his best to give me some idea, but whilst dealers are still in the dark there is not much they can do
I find this an appalling way to deal with the people that have to put up with customers calling them every two minutes and baring the brunt of people slowly getting more and more angry

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I would have thought these these car dealers would have had a draft email ready to go to all who had placed a deposit, informing them of the price ($73300) and what the on road costs would be.
Sadly most have been sitting idle instead of being pro active.
We as the buyers should not have to constantly
chase them up for updates.
I have contacted the two dealers I have orders with, the have said they will email me the details.
See my replyā€¦my dealer hasnā€™t even had information direct from Nissan yetā€¦I actually feel sorry for them

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Th
See my replyā€¦my dealer hasnā€™t even had information direct from Nissan yetā€¦I actually feel sorry for them

These guys have had plenty of time to prepare, Nissan Australia are handling this poorly, I have worked in the steel industry for the last 38 years and whenever we had a new product launch the pricing was always in place before any product got released

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Even Nissan Australia sending out an email wouldn't hurt. Letting bloody News Corp release info before customers who paid deposits over 12 months ago is appalling.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Agree, but Iā€™m just saying at this point I donā€™t think itā€™s the dealers fault.
Take for instance my guyā€¦why would he not tell me the price and choose to guesstimate prices based on the clips I sent him, Sure as heck he would have checked with the manager because he has a vested interest to let me know whatā€™s happening and get me off his back.

This seems to be Nissan corporates doing, and Iā€™m pretty appalled
Adress those that have given you money before worrying about press releases ā€¦without us you donā€™t have a company, and after this release I can totally see why as a company they are struggling.
Keeping dealers in the dark who are dealing directly with your customers, and then releasing things via media, making your dealers look like idiots is not the way to do business.
And thatā€™s why Iā€™m not upset with Osborne Park, because without the info there is little they can do

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Even Nissan Australia sending out an email wouldn't hurt. Letting bloody News Corp release info before customers who paid deposits over 12 months ago is appalling.
Exactly right. It's a profit driven business in a free market environment and we're paying customers whom are entitled to some semblance of good service. No sympathy from me.

Perhaps that's not completely true; I sympathise with the positive nissan find themselves in and want to support them by buying - or atleast attempting to buy - their products.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

ChasingCars confirms BOSE audio system in this video.
Few points in this oneā€¦wireless charging station, thatā€™s the first time thatā€™s been said.
interior colours are nit finalised yet for Ausā€¦.so that doesnā€™t say very much in terms of delivery timelines

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Exactly right. It's a profit driven business in a free market environment and we're paying customers whom are entitled to some semblance of good service. No sympathy from me.

Perhaps that's not completely true; I sympathise with the positive nissan find themselves in and want to support them by buying - or atleast attempting to buy - their products.
Think your misunderstanding meā€¦I have no sympathy for Nissan corpā€¦..only for the dealers that seem to be more in the dark than the media isā€¦imagine working there and trying to deal with this cluster crap ( Iā€™m a lady so wonā€™t put the F word in but you get the idea šŸ¤£)

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Think your misunderstanding meā€¦I have no sympathy for Nissan corpā€¦..only for the dealers that seem to be more in the dark than the media isā€¦imagine working there and trying to deal with this cluster crap ( Iā€™m a lady so wonā€™t put the F word in but you get the idea šŸ¤£)
Yeah, nah. At the very least the dealers can parrot the info the media already has. What's pissing people off is the deafening silence, I reckon. Can appreciate your different point of view though šŸ˜‰ šŸ‘

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah, nah. At the very least the dealers can parrot the info the media already has. What's pissing people off is the deafening silence, I reckon. Can appreciate your different point of view though šŸ˜‰ šŸ‘
Maybeā€¦but my dealer wasnā€™t even aware of the media releases until I sent them to himā€¦.also whatā€™s the point of telling us the 73300 when they donā€™t know whatā€™s included in that price.
If they say itā€™s 73300 and 7500 onroad costs then find out that it doesnā€™t include luxury tax and the price goes up by 2k they will get hammered for that tooā€¦.they canā€™t win
The fault lays squarely with Nissan Aus for not distributing information to their dealers so they can pass it onto us accurately
But like youā€¦appreciate your perspective

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Last edited: