Hairline scratches on NAV screens?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Didn't notice this at all on the 23 Z but on the 24. You can see a few hairline scratches on the screen on a brand new car. They are very fine and only show up in direct light when the screen is off. This isn't from cleaning it was 100% on there when the car was delivered.

Here is a pic of the longest one but to be honest this pic makes It look 10x worse than it is is as the phone camera low light flash is exaggerating it. I cant get the others to really show up on camera. Also When you are sitting in the driver side you can barely even see it. when the screen is on you can only see if if the sun hits the screen just right. I know these cars are shipped with the protector so maybe this unit had a few light hairline scratches before installation?

My question is are tiny scratches semi normal and is it worth going through all the trouble to get a whole new unit ? I checked my wifes 2022 pathfinder screen which is basically the same exact screen and it didnt show any at all

1000000918.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Was able to get a few of the others on camera but again to the naked eye they only look barely there
1000000922.jpg

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

yeah ive never had one for a car but I might try it and could make the little scratches not show up at all. its just this isnt something that has happened from wear and tear though im just debating on if its worth trying to get replaced and then I might have dash rattles ( already have one around the traction control button) ect who knows.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Was able to get a few of the others on camera but again to the naked eye they only look barely there
1000000922.jpg
I bet the dealer did that when they prepped the car for delivery unless you told them to leave the plastic protection on the screen.XPEL has a ppf for the screen.

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
I would just live with it instead of going through the whole hassle of getting a new one.

I actually noticed that sometimes my wireless apple CarPlay doesnā€™t connect right away and Iā€™m not sure how I should feel about that..

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I bet the dealer did that when they prepped the car for delivery unless you told them to leave the plastic protection on the screen.XPEL has a ppf for the screen.

yeah the car was detailed and prepped before I arrived so its very possible. in getting a PPF done in a month or so I might have them put a piece on.

the dealer tinted the windows on site so might have been during that too? my buddy who went with me the pick the car up found a razor blade in the floor mat

Last edited:

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Hey Matt,
a good detailer should be able to polish that out too.

Or you could give it a go yourself?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Or you could give it a go yourself?
na you dont know me I have a habit of making things way worse. šŸ¤£ I spent all day today on a hood rock chip that should have been a 10 min job bouncing back and forth between fixing it and making it look worse. so ive tried to learn over the years to leave things be some times lol

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Gah! So frustrating. The more hands that touch your car, the more likely this kinda shit is going to happen. I tried to do a "minimum PDI" on my wife's Jag. She was so sad at the dealer that the car was dirty. I said don't worry, our detailer will fix it. But she was still upset. When the dealer offered to wash it, I said okay. When we got the car home there was a big scratch on the hood. She was sad again. Fortunately, our detailer is masterful and was able to fix it.

If you don't want to fix this yourself, see if you can find a detailer who can take a look. They understand the enthusiast mentality.

Also: going for PPF or ceramic coating?

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I'm actually super happy that the detailer team they have at my dealer are incredible, the one guy has been in the business for 37 years or something, and treat each car as their own. I've seen some of their work and they do a great job. I'll have them do the wash/clay/paint correction and ceramic before I pick it up. I have no worry in leaving the car int their hands after the initial inspection is done.

It sucks to hear about that scratch, it definitely looks like someone knicked it with something when crawling around the interior peeling off plastic. :(

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I just sent an email to screenprotech. Inquiring as to if they will be manufacturing 4K screens for the new Z. I hope they will as they make a high quality product to protect vehicle screens. I installed their product on my 22 C8 on both the dash instrument cluster and the touch screen with fantastic results . Iā€™ll let you all know if and when they are available. Hope soon!

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I just sent an email to screenprotech. Inquiring as to if they will be manufacturing 4K screens for the new Z. I hope they will as they make a high quality product to protect vehicle screens. I installed their product on my 22 C8 on both the dash instrument cluster and the touch screen with fantastic results . Iā€™ll let you all know if and when they are available. Hope soon!
4K screen? I don't even think the display is 720p šŸ˜‚