MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
So at the end what LMP1 car are they pretending is a Nissan? I was confused at that part.

Also Jan's story took place in 2011 and the movie looks to be current day

20230502_121943.jpg

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
the LMP car is a LIGER JS PX

1683047423853.png

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I saw it

what I liked about it first and foremost it was as advertised it really felt like GTR NISMO the movie. really had that car on full display. It was mostly true to the real story and even dealt with the Nürburgring crash. the GTR sounds were mostly accurate and didnt swap the VR38 out for some exotic sound. Actor who played Jann was good. I thought it tried to give very casual movie goers an intro to the game and motorsports in general.

What I didnt like is the script and dialogue were really paint by numbers after school special. At times it felt like you asked ChatGPT to write a gran turismo movie. had a lot of mellow drama cliche in it. not sure orlando bloom and david harbour were the right casting choices. also Kaz from GT didnt play himself. seems like and odd choice. some parts were unrealistic for the sake of making a better movie because sometimes motorsports at that level isnt wheel to wheel photo finish as the movie depicts it had some attempt at heart but even with the big action race scenes it kind of felt like something you would catch on a streaming service and had the same general beats and arc of every inspirational sports movie ever made

Other random thoughts were the musical choices were odd as there are so many iconic Gran Turismo songs that were ignored

And Nissan sort of comes off like a shadowy corporation
J

biggest personal annoyance is the camera shots of the foot work pressing the gas when the gears change like your watching fast and furious almost like its a fake clutch sound edited in.... when in reality you are more times than not flat footing the throttle during a paddle shift in the GTR

Seeing my favorite car of all time center stage outweighed any real nitpicks I had. would recommend if you are a GTR and NISMO fan

Last edited:

kapas10

First Name
kapas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW i5 2020
Occupation
racer
Upon watching the film, I was immediately struck by its detailed portrayal, akin to a meticulously crafted paint by numbers kit, especially concerning the GTR NISMO. The movie authentically captured the essence of the car, echoing real-life events like the Nürburgring crash. The GTR's auditory experience was spot-on, without any artificial sound embellishments. The actor playing Jann delivered a convincing performance, and the film effectively served as a gateway for newcomers to both the game and the broader motorsports realm.

However, as the narrative unfolded, it felt somewhat formulaic, almost as if following a paint by numbers script. The storyline's progression occasionally seemed predictable, reminiscent of a narrative generated by a platform like ChatGPT. Some casting choices, including Orlando Bloom and David Harbour, felt out of place. The absence of Kaz from GT playing himself further detracted from the film's authenticity. While the movie took artistic liberties for dramatic effect, it painted a somewhat idealized picture of motorsports. Despite its dynamic race sequences, the film's overarching story had the familiar cadence of a standard inspirational sports narrative, making it feel more suited for streaming than a cinematic experience.

Additionally, the soundtrack's selection left much to be desired, overlooking several iconic Gran Turismo tracks that fans would recognize instantly. Furthermore, the film's portrayal of Nissan painted it in a rather enigmatic, corporate light.

A specific cinematic choice that stood out was the frequent focus on footwork during gear changes, reminiscent of adrenaline-pumping sequences from movies like 'Fast and Furious.' However, enthusiasts familiar with the GTR know that paddle shifts offer a distinct experience.

Nevertheless, the joy of witnessing my beloved car take center stage overshadowed many of these criticisms. For die-hard GTR and NISMO fans, it's a visual treat that's worth the watch.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
My two older daughters and myself watched the movie together and we enjoyed it. : )