West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I feel that if first shipment had already landed someone would have spotted something. Does the dealer know when ship left Japan?
I feel your right. Also feel that if this was the case, dealers would have VINs

Not a single coupe order has been contacted from what I can ascertain …both here and also someone started a poll on Facebook….38 no informations …5 Protos been contacted

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Not a single coupe order has been contacted from what I can ascertain …both here and also someone started a poll on Facebook….38 no informations …5 Protos been contacted
A poll? Clever 😉
I’m hoping it’s updated as the allocation phone calls roll in.

There’s still something fishy going on.. I actually thought this time we might have been receiving reliable and honest information.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
A poll? Clever 😉
I’m hoping it’s updated as the allocation phone calls roll in.

There’s still something fishy going on.. I actually thought this time we might have been receiving reliable and honest information.
I was wondering if you happened to know anything about said poll 🤣🤣
But it is a good marker.
It makes me feel better in one way, because I haven’t been skipped, but worse in another …because come on, what in the heck is going on!

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
I genuinely don't understand what you guys are on about?
What is fishy/suss? No calls about the coupe?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Sorry I guess it's just healthy scepticism. I've been told Coupes will be included in first shipment with early allocations finalised this week. You've been told that you'll be driving in July or soon after. Yet still no VINs or build data and only a handful of allocation confirmations have been received with majority of dealers still completely in the dark.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah, look you have to excuse our skepticism l.but we’ve been in the system for over a year and have heard it all before

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Sorry I guess it's just healthy scepticism. I've been told Coupes will be included in first shipment with early allocations finalised this week. You've been told that you'll be driving in July or soon after. Yet still no VINs or build data and only a handful of allocation confirmations have been received with majority of dealers still completely in the dark.
There are pics of cars in Saipan (both protons and a performance) from within the past 24 hours, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that production vehicles have left Japan.
Don't think it's a stretch to think that there are some en route to AU given our limited range is RHD.

My dealer was promising nothing. And they were pretty up front about the fact that Nissan Australia was keeping their cards pretty close to their chests.
They were initially hopeful that they might be delivering these at end of July, but even if it's a few weeks later than that it's still pretty good.
I was told likey August/September 2022 when I ordered September 2021... So... It's still on track as far as I'm concerned.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
There are pics of cars in Saipan (both protons and a performance) from within the past 24 hours, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that production vehicles have left Japan.
Don't think it's a stretch to think that there are some en route to AU given our limited range is RHD.

My dealer was promising nothing. And they were pretty up front about the fact that Nissan Australia was keeping their cards pretty close to their chests.
They were initially hopeful that they might be delivering these at end of July, but even if it's a few weeks later than that it's still pretty good.
I was told likey August/September 2022 when I ordered September 2021... So... It's still on track as far as I'm concerned.
Nothing would bring me more joy than your timeline being correct.
The cars in Saipan are for media use…the guy who unloaded them confirmed
But I live in hope that ours are on their way

schift_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Not sure if it's been mentioned here already, but Nissan New Zealand have said manual Z's aren't expected to arrive until October/November now (no word on autos), when originally it was June. NZ often get products before Aus, so take from that what you will...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Not sure if it's been mentioned here already, but Nissan New Zealand have said manual Z's aren't expected to arrive until October/November now (no word on autos), when originally it was June. NZ often get products before Aus, so take from that what you will...
At this point the only thing stopping me getting my deposit back is the thought that as soon as I do so a car will magically appear.
This is getting out of control in all honestly, if I knew they were any longer than six months off I would go buy a MX-5 …should have done that 4 months ago when I had the chance 😔

Kevin300zx

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1990 z32 twin turbo uk model one of first 150 made
Occupation
Car parts advisor
Not happy with Nissan for not taking them to UK will have to consider an import in future will just have to stick with z32

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
I am getting slightly annoyed with how dealers are managing this in the states it sounds the the Australian system is working better.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I am getting slightly annoyed with how dealers are managing this in the states it sounds the the Australian system is working better.
I’m not so sure. Dealers here in Australia don’t seem to have much control over or information about anything.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I’m not so sure. Dealers here in Australia don’t seem to have much control over or information about anything.
i think they are referring to fixed pricing you guys get and not all adm, dealer care packages, etc being add to the car.

oh, and let's not forget the "market adjustment" amount they have been adding to vehicles lately...