West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
For my part, it's gotten to whenever I see yet another Z on a tractor trailer with Japanese chars, I feel like throwing a brick at the screen, lol.

Longing for the day we see a photo of a regular customer Z, on a trailer in some major market country USA/AU/CAN/etc. (And not on some small island in the Pacific). :)

1657048475261.png
Agree, Iā€™m kinda sick of seeing pictures around the place full stop. If itā€™s not in my driveway it means nothing

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
They delay this launch too long & home loans will be up to 6%, we'll be on the Corolla forums lol.
Nah we will be on the 86 forumā€¦a Corolla Gr is estimated to cost 70k when it launchesā€¦fir a Corolla šŸ˜³

Yes I know you were joking, but I canā€™t believe some of the prices coming out, even if it is a hotted up version of the daggy mum school run car

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I have this funny feeling AU and CAN markets will get first deliveries before the US does, hmmm. Who's going to be the first 'real' customer to post up pics of a brand new Z?

And journalists, stay outta this!:rolleyes:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have this funny feeling AU and CAN markets will get first deliveries before the US does, hmmm. Who's going to be the first 'real' customer to post up pics of a brand new Z?

My guess, it will be someone who ordered a Proto (not me) East Coast Australiaā€¦.as the ship usually works itā€™s way east to west

Time will tell

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ Nissan Australia, or even Nissan worldwide, could hold them all until a certain "release date". That's unlikely though.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx

Hopefully me! (CDN Market) haha fingers crossed. I got a week off work starting the 16th, so maybe a cruise week!?

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Although I have a dealer allocation I am still number 3. So if these cars trickle in one at a time then summer is probably out. It depends on how much pull your dealer group has from their legacy track record of selling the Halo Brand cars like the GTR and Z. This isn't democracy, the bulk of allocations will go to the ownership of that dealer group. Just like on a corporate team it is not democratic, it is based on performance. Past and what your expected present performance will be.

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
They called me this morning to confirm my order, and issue new contract (with the updated pricing - no markup).

Apparently here in Australia, the Protos will touch down first, then the Performance will follow. Dealership don't think they'll have their demo/showroom car until September/October though, as all the initial allocations are accounted for. They told me the expectation is for July delivery to me.

For reference, Nissan seem to be really controlling the release of cars to dealerships. Apparently there were like 20 deposits for the Proto at my dealership, and they can only get a maximum of 4. Anyone who cancels, Nissan keeps the car (ie, doesn't go to the dealership).

Honestly I was starting to have second thoughts... pricing here in AU is not great... but hearing how few there are has reignited my enthusiasm!
Hey Duchess, any update? End of July is pretty close!

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Hey Duchess, any update? End of July is pretty close!
Ha! closer to the start of July than to the end of July... but jokes aside, nothing more at this stage mate - I did reach out to the dealership over the weekend to see if there was any possibility that they might be bringing in spare parts/components at the same time. I really hate the 8" infotainment...

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
I feel that if first shipment had already landed someone would have spotted something. Does the dealer know when ship left Japan?

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
I feel that if first shipment had already landed someone would have spotted something. Does the dealer know when ship left Japan?
I agree we should have seen some spy shots or something from the docks if they were here.

Also if it was to be here before the end of the month which is now only a couple of weeks away, and they are updating contracts then those updated contracts should have VIN details which so far no one has.

Also sometimes shipments can sit at the docks for a week or two before they get clearance so the ship would have to have docked already or be very soon to make the end of the month timeline which again means the car details should all be known for those getting updated contracts which hasn't been the case.

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Just spoke with dealer - they believe they are on the water, but likely only just. It's around 25 days to BNE, so unless it left a week ago, it's more likely to be first week of August I would guess.

Was told that dealerships are expecting these to be pre-cleared and delivered ASAP upon arrival. They want to get these into the hands of people who've bought them.