First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Good discussions here, and Shawn stepping up still promising no more than $5K over MSRP, hopefully lower. Question for @West Aussie are buyers there also flipping cars for hugely more $$, like what’s happening here in the US? If so, aren’t the dealers responding to that? No, because of the regulations, correct?

US dealers are never on the customers’ side because they gauge everything based on the market. Buyers flipping cars should NOT affect dealer pricing, dreaded ADMs! The Aus model, if works there, should also work here. But guess what, GREED takes over. It’s pretty obvious what you see on window stickers, sad.

Bottom line is, here if you want MSRP or less, got to wait a year or two, or longer. The dealer model sucks, nothing has changed!

I know that in Ford’s case, those looking for Mach 1s and GT500s are happy with Granger and Chapman dealers. They take online and phone orders and somehow set workable pricing, undercutting others. Why? They depend on volume selling at lower costs to consumers. It works. Their reputations are good based on forum feedbacks; forums word of mouth gets them more sales.
Thank you, I know it's not MSRP but it's the best I can promise. The used car manager said I should tell people to expect 15k over and I told him if the dealership really wants to press me on it I'll hand over everyone's information to a friend at a different dealer and let them sell them. Obviously I want to handle everything but I promised I would take care of everyone that works with me.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
I actually thought Nissan finally announced pricing that caused the servers to go down. Silly me.
The only thing we know for certain is that Dan Passe said the Sport Manual should MSRP around 40k. Then the pricing on the proto in japan converted to USDA came to around 61k.

LuisM350z

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z, Ford explorer
so @McLovin157 what would be your best advice at finding a Nissan dealership that would get an allocation? as i assume they would only be sent to their highest preforming dealers. how would one go about finding the right one?

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
so @McLovin157 what would be your best advice at finding a Nissan dealership that would get an allocation? as i assume they would only be sent to their highest preforming dealers. how would one go about finding the right one?
thats probably the hardest question I have been asked on this thread. I can’t speak for the work others have done. I’ve been up Nissans ass and my managers for months trying to get more and more Zs.
Allocations will be based on GTR, 370z, and maybe event Turbo Altima sales. Bigger dealers typically get more cars as well. The biggest thing I can say is if you don’t feel comfortable or trust the person you are working with walk away.

LuisM350z

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z, Ford explorer
thats probably the hardest question I have been asked on this thread. I can’t speak for the work others have done. I’ve been up Nissans ass and my managers for months trying to get more and more Zs.
Allocations will be based on GTR, 370z, and maybe event Turbo Altima sales. Bigger dealers typically get more cars as well. The biggest thing I can say is if you don’t feel comfortable or trust the person you are working with walk away.
Awesome thank you for the response! knowing that little bit though surely does help. Now question #2 you said out of (i think) 91% of pre orders you received are performance models. does you're dealer actually know the amount of Z's you will be receiving? Or is it you guys will receive an unknown amount but go first come first serve when the car is received?

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Awesome thank you for the response! knowing that little bit though surely does help. Now question #2 you said out of (i think) 91% of pre orders you received are performance models. does you're dealer actually know the amount of Z's you will be receiving? Or is it you guys will receive an unknown amount but go first come first serve when the car is received?
anyone who says they have any idea how many cars they are getting is lying. We don’t know what things look like monthly, how many Nissan intends to make. We will know before they are released for sale but till then it’s a waiting game

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
anyone who says they have any idea how many cars they are getting is lying. We don’t know what things look like monthly, how many Nissan intends to make. We will know before they are released for sale but till then it’s a waiting game
I find this reply very interesting…and it makes me wonder, if Aus and Canada are placing orders …do they know their allocations?
Or do they have a blanket number they are getting but will the the pre orders colours etc be manufactured to order so to speak.
I still don’t get why they wouldn’t do pre orders for the US along with the rest of the world.
With chip shortages and Covid playing havoc with the workers, surely it would make sense to get orders in early and produce what is required and wanted ….less wastage, more happy clients….at least initially.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
I find this reply very interesting…and it makes me wonder, if Aus and Canada are placing orders …do they know their allocations?
Or do they have a blanket number they are getting but will the the pre orders colours etc be manufactured to order so to speak.
I still don’t get why they wouldn’t do pre orders for the US along with the rest of the world.
With chip shortages and Covid playing havoc with the workers, surely it would make sense to get orders in early and produce what is required and wanted ….less wastage, more happy clients….at least initially.
They wont have their allocations. With the way I understand how things work here in the states is usually 4-8 weeks before release production numbers are made semi available and allocations are announced (Nissan like many companies likes to work 90 days in advance).

Now I am absolutely confused as to why orders haven't started in the US or Japan for that matter. The US market has the highest volume of Z car sales in the world and yet we seem to be the furthest behind. I don't know if this is NissanUSA falling apart or if there is a bigger plan instore. However I 100000% agree that doing pre orders to determine an estimated production figure would be highly beneficial. Allowing Nissan to know how many need to be produced for the market.

Again I am both stunned and pissed with how this is being handled, though if I'm being honest I expected nothing less. I remained almost blissfully hopeful that Nissan wouldn't botch the launch like the Rogue, Pathfinder, and Frontier. Though the track record shows Nissan is terrible with launches even if you remove the current state of things as they are.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Now a few theories how other dealers can make this work around is selling halo cars (C8 and MKV) at MSRP and marking up commuter models. The traditional idea of "we will sell the car at MSRP but you are required to buy warranties, service plans, etc." I know a dealer here that does this.
This is something I can get behind, this is genius and in my book a win-win for both parties.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
This is something I can get behind, this is genius and in my book a win-win for both parties.
Oh you would be surprised with how many people stand firm on the idea of "I'm only paying for the car I don't need/want any of that extra garbage".

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
They wont have their allocations. With the way I understand how things work here in the states is usually 4-8 weeks before release production numbers are made semi available and allocations are announced (Nissan like many companies likes to work 90 days in advance).

Now I am absolutely confused as to why orders haven't started in the US or Japan for that matter. The US market has the highest volume of Z car sales in the world and yet we seem to be the furthest behind. I don't know if this is NissanUSA falling apart or if there is a bigger plan instore. However I 100000% agree that doing pre orders to determine an estimated production figure would be highly beneficial. Allowing Nissan to know how many need to be produced for the market.

Again I am both stunned and pissed with how this is being handled, though if I'm being honest I expected nothing less. I remained almost blissfully hopeful that Nissan wouldn't botch the launch like the Rogue, Pathfinder, and Frontier. Though the track record shows Nissan is terrible with launches even if you remove the current state of things as they are.
I’m guessing Japans market is bigger thanAus
US bigger than Canada.
Maybe they are testing the waters out in the smaller markets?

Either way, it’s just time to roll it out now, everyday we seem to see another one pictured, surely that means that are producing and should have cars to roll out soon.
I think if they drag it out too long they will lose people. Indeed they already have from this very forum. At last count I believe 3 have given up and bought something else.
Now 3 might not sound like a big deal, but remember this is a forum of people desperate for a Z, it’s going to take a lot for them to change their mind..,general public, not so much

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.