First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
there is a reason no one here started a 'stang thread.. it's found in this scientific...

imports > domestics = 95% of the time

you ford guys don't get your panties in a wad, i've owned 2, a 99 and a 14 in grabber blue.

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Ouch, sucks that insurance didn't cover it. I bet he got a real ass beating once the cameras went away.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm surprised that no one has started one yet.

Some 20yr old idiot in AU wreck his dad's brand new car haha.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/04/a...k-old-ford-mustang-r-spec/#Echobox=1628865717

In WA licensing rules are so strict that much of this has slowly disappeared still a few that take the risk, it on a whole it’s been successful.
You get red Ps for 6 months only 3 demerits, 18 months green 6 demerit points to loose, both 0 alcohol is permitted. Double demerits on a weekend makes it possible for them to loose their license in one hit. If they make it through the 2 years probationary with no offences the government pays for their license for the first year , youngest you can get off Ps for a standard licence is 19

OP
OP
Zboy

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
In WA licensing rules are so strict that much of this has slowly disappeared still a few that take the risk, it on a whole it’s been successful.
You get red Ps for 6 months only 3 demerits, 18 months green 6 demerit points to loose, both 0 alcohol is permitted. Double demerits on a weekend makes it possible for them to loose their license in one hit. If they make it through the 2 years probationary with no offences the government pays for their license for the first year , youngest you can get off Ps for a standard licence is 19
I have no idea what any of that means. Here in the states we give out driver license to kids left and right lol.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
O
I have no idea what any of that means. Here in the states we give out driver license to kids left and right lol.
Ok I’ll break it down a bit.
In Australia you can get your learner plates when you are 16 and a half. The plate is a small square, yellow has an L on it an you have to have one visible on the front and rear of the car. On learners you must drive with a fully licensed driver who is not under the influence …basically someone teaching you. You can not be out after 12pm, you can’t travel faster than 100k and hour, you can not speed or have any alcohol in the system or you lose your L plates. To get your L plates you must pass a vision test, and a reaction test, and a rule ( handbook) test.

Once you are learning you can not apply for your P ( probationary license) for another year, and in that time you must complete at least 50 hours driving with your instructor which must be logged and signed off on.

So once your 50 hours is complete and at least a year has passed you may apply for your P plates ( Probationary) at a licensing centre …youngest you can do this is 17 and a half if you pass you get your red Ps…again a small square but this time red with a big P on them must be visible front and rear for six months
During the red P plate time you have a total of 3 demerit points you can loose for offences such as speeding, red lighters, dangerous driving, all the usual stuff . A fully licensed driver will get 12 points. Any points accrued will disappear after three years, and the more sever the offence the more demerits you loose.
For instance if you are travelling 10k over the limit you loose 1 demerit and get a fine of $50 if it’s 20k you loose 3 demerits and $150 …and if you loose all 12 within three years you loose your license …but in a red p plater they only get 3 points.
Now if it’s a long weekend, we have double demerit weekends, which means you loose double the points for an offence…so fro the 20k over the limit offence you would loose 6 points, and a red P plater would lose their license and have to start the process all over again.

If the Red P plater gets through the first 6 months they then move to Green P plates for 18months…same deal, square plates P on them must be visible from and back but this time square is green, and during this time the can loose 6 points.

On all learner red and green plates you can not have any alcohol in your system, where as a fully fledged driver can have a limit of 0.05 before they get fined and potentially lose their license
Additionally they are not permitted to drive after 12pm without permission for a valid reason (work)

Now if a Probationary driver gets through those 18months (3 years total from learner to end of probationary) with no loss of demerits or charges the government will pay their drivers license (which we pay every year) for them as a reward for the first year.
But the real reward is they finally get their full license, plates are no longer needed and all rules revert to the same as experienced drivers along with 12 demerits available to them…the youngest it can be achieved in Australia is 19 years of age.

Some states have further rules, like those on plates are not permitted to drive high powered cars, but not all are the same ( WA they can drive what they want) as rules vary state to state.
So yeah…they go through a few hoops to get there license.
Cars in WA also get confiscated and crushed if they are travelling at very high speed (I believe 40k over the limit ) so you don’t want to be caught doing the wrong thing in someone else’s car, that is for sure

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry
It's just so hard to beat the Price/Performance that the mustang brings.

My 5.0 was smoking cars much more expensive, cars with much more mods, cars that I shouldn't be racing in the first place. I was putting multiple car lengths are 1LE's, big turbo GTI's, FBO gulf R's

I sorta miss the surprise my S197 would put on cars, my favorite moments where the confused people asking if I was boosted because they heard whining, but the trans and sra were all solid mount.

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher
It's just so hard to beat the Price/Performance that the mustang brings.

My 5.0 was smoking cars much more expensive, cars with much more mods, cars that I shouldn't be racing in the first place. I was putting multiple car lengths are 1LE's, big turbo GTI's, FBO gulf R's

I sorta miss the surprise my S197 would put on cars, my favorite moments where the confused people asking if I was boosted because they heard whining, but the trans and sra were all solid mount.
Oh man, I nicknamed my 2006 “Whistler.” I loved that sound that came from the 4.6, but never figured out where it came from.