K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I love how Dodge owns their own image.

"Is this the slipperiest car ever?.......NOPE! And, that's OK! - we don't care! We're willing to sacrifice some range so we can look BAD. ASS."

"I don't care if it's an EV......it had to sound like a Dodge!"

"We have a Donut Mode!"

This has my curiosity.
Even if this isn't someone's particular brand of whiskey, I think that all of us would applaud its presence on the roads. Seeing more EVs like this and fewer anonymous EVs that evoke the styling of soap-bars has got to be a good thing.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I only looked at the pics this morning, so I guess ignore what I said earlier about not being able to rev the crap out of it 😖

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Not bad at all.

Just curious, why do these EV cars have hideous rims all the time.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Probably retail for 75/85 base - 110k+ long range/highly optioned. Dealer markup will make this a joke, and unobtainable.
Totally possible! Although I'm thinking it'll start in a much lower price bracket than that since I suspect that Stellanis actually wants to move units in significant numbers and enjoy a similar level of success as they've seen with the current Challenger/Charger. If that ends up being true, you could see a huge variety of prices, capabilities, packages, ranges, etc, just like you do in the current model range (there's over $40k worth of play in the range as it stands and the top end is where you're thinking this will begin).

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
They stated the one pictured would be the top of the line 800v one but they there would be a 400v version to start out cheaper.
Right, and that's the correct strategy. I don't think these need to start at $70,000, that seems counterproductive, but I have zero doubt that there will be models that exceed that price.

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
Right, and that's the correct strategy. I don't think these need to start at $70,000, that seems counterproductive, but I have zero doubt that there will be models that exceed that price.
Agreed. Makes sense to have a cheap version for those that don't need the longer range, higher hp/tq, etc but there will definitely be a market for those that have the money to spend on the top of thr line version.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
This thing looks awesome! My brother has a Chally Hellcat. I've driven it quite a bit. Pretty fun car. He's on the list for a Z06, but I'm trying to talk him into this new Charger EV. Would be awesome to have the gasser Hellcat parked next to the EV.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Not bad at all.

Just curious, why do these EV cars have hideous rims all the time.
The rims are usually styled to cover up the regenerative braking system and improve range by decreasing ventilation drag coefficient. Wheels with ideal aerodynamics don't necessarily look better.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
The rims are usually styled to cover up the regenerative braking system and improve range by decreasing ventilation drag coefficient. Wheels with ideal aerodynamics don't necessarily look better.
Well… well.. thank you mister smarty pants lol.

For real, thanks for the info

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Production Dodge Charger Daytona EV To Offer Multiple Outputs, Unlockable Drift And Drag Modes

One of the biggest unanswered questions about the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT concept is how powerful it is. While the company didn’t provide numbers, CEO Tim Kuniskis revealed the upcoming production model will be offered with multiple outputs.

Speaking during last night’s debut, Kuniskis said “everybody knows EVs are fast” as “even the boring ones are quick.” However, he suggested upcoming Dodge EVs will be more “chainsaw” than “cordless drill.”

The executive went on to say the production model will be launched with three different power levels that go all the way up to the 800V Banshee propulsion system. The latter promises to make their first EV “faster than a Hellcat in all key performance measures.” The company also noted the “standard all-wheel drive system is key to pushing beyond Hellcat performance, while also improving all-weather capability.”

Kuniskis went on to say they’re in the process of developing multiple power levels that will be offered through Direct Connection. As a result, the road-going model will have a total of nine different outputs that presumably range from mild to wild.

Speaking of Direct Connection, Kuniskis said it will enable drivers to “unlock the features they want.” While the executive didn’t go into many specifics, he mentioned Slam, Drift, Donut, and Drag modes.

It remains unclear how the unlocking process will work, but it’s possible some upgrades could be delivered over-the-air. That remains to be seen, but Stellantis hasn’t been coy about seeing big dollar signs in on-demand features as well as services and subscriptions.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/08/p...nine-outputs-unlockable-drift-and-drag-modes/

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Via the C&D article,

"To give drivers the feeling of "distinctive shift points", Dodge has bestowed the Daytona SRT with a multi-speed transmission. Not many details are available beyond that, but a look at a concept image for the interior tells us it's likely an automatic. The Daytona SRT is also not the first electric car to depart from traditional direct-drive systems; the Taycan and e-tron GT both utilize a two-speed automatic gearbox. Though we can't say for sure, it seems likely that the Daytona SRT will use a two-speed transmission for improved acceleration and efficiency."

That's a step in the right direction. Now add another pedal and a proper gear shift.
joe-dirt.jpg