Sponsored

Dash Display Questions and Ideas

alienpoker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
May 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
303
Reaction score
314
Location
Fresno, CA
Car(s)
2025 Z Nismo, 370Z Nismo
Posted this pic in another thread, rather than hijack that topic…
IMG_3411.webp

1. In this Nissan pic, Notice it’s engine Oil Pressure (psi), not Temp. I’ve only seen Temps in the Sports Display. Oil psi could prove useful. Any idea if this can be configured?
2. TPMS - Can you set the target defaults from Factory PSI to your own preferences?
3. Custom gauges another way:
I bought a cheap ($5?) WiFi ODBC dongle off Temu or AliExpress that I use on my 370Z Nismo to watch all kinds of data the ODBCII has access to. The App (Called Four Stroke) I used to display it on has disappeared from the App store. But I found another called ‘Car Scanner’ which works if set to ELM327 and WiFi. You can scan / diagnose fault codes, there’s even a Nissan Consult3 mode but even in the paid version ($8 forever) I couldn’t find any useful settings (yet). It needs a Z config mode, currently it’s set to 370Z as the car type.

So here’s the thing… Connect Apple Car Play on USB, connect Phone to Local WiFi the ODBC dongle broadcasts. Then you display the ‘Car Scanner’ App data. BAM! Here’s some pics.

My RZ34 Data shown on my Phone:
IMG_3420.webp

Just sensor data I randomly chose. A couple (Coolant Temp, RPM) were selected to make sure it matched the Car Dash.
Carplay on RZ34 Display:
IMG_3421.webp

I’m still trying to figure out how to get the gauges instead of just text in Carplay.
IMG_3422.webp

Pic of my Dongle 😂 (Vgate) although any ELM327 clone should work.

Might as well post a link to a decent Vgate iCar Pro 2S ODBC dongle that’s currently recommended by the app developers. It’s under $30 on Amazon. The link is for a Bluetooth one, but you can get WiFi as well.

If you go down this route, a warning that it’s a rabbit hole… but fun to have available.
 
Last edited:

zeeward

Member
First Name
john
Joined
Sep 25, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
15
Reaction score
32
Location
arkansas
Car(s)
2024 nismo z, 1990 4Runner, 2013 platinum f350,2023 wagoneer
Read yesterday that with auto transmission you don’t get oil pressure option on gauge , just oil temp. Makes no sense
 
OP
OP
alienpoker

alienpoker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
May 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
303
Reaction score
314
Location
Fresno, CA
Car(s)
2025 Z Nismo, 370Z Nismo
Read yesterday that with auto transmission you don’t get oil pressure option on gauge , just oil temp. Makes no sense
Yup. But I can’t see oil pressure on my Nismo on ANY OSBC app looking at raw data. Maybe it’s an on/off switch? I dk.

Not enough config options on Sports Displays - there are tons of sensors you can monitor that you can’t add. Catalytic converter Temps, Fuel Trim, Timing Advance, individual Turbo Performance….

Personally I think it was a Nissan rush job. They did better on the GTR configuration options than on the Z. All we can hope for is a software update once Nissan finds a buyer or is in profitability soon. While they are still closing factories and Dealerships are combining… I’m not holding my breath. As you can see I’m actively looking for Alternative Solutions while I wait.
 

Midz10

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 30, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
86
Reaction score
86
Location
Saudi Arabia
Car(s)
2023 Z, 2008 2JZ 350Z, 2006 EVO9, 2002 Pathfinder,
I'm thinking of getting this for the oil pressure. Just waiting for the guy who makes them to replay to me if he can custom make one for me with an updated screen layout.
21ee75_b5e916055a4e40bea4f75a51371bce31~mv2.jpg


21ee75_ee4805c1a9e8429982f49960d7ba2f3d~mv2.jpg
 

bpeckham

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Feb 11, 2023
Threads
64
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
1,965
Location
San Diego
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Posted this pic in another thread, rather than hijack that topic…
IMG_3411.webp

1. In this Nissan pic, Notice it’s engine Oil Pressure (psi), not Temp. I’ve only seen Temps in the Sports Display. Oil psi could prove useful. Any idea if this can be configured?
That picture looks like a Performance 6MT dash, with oil pressure, diff oil temperature, and N with SRM enabled.

I don't think you can configure these, and that seems like a big fail on Nissan's part. It would be much nicer to be able to configure each of these slots.

2. TPMS - Can you set the target defaults from Factory PSI to your own preferences?
Before my Consult subscription lapsed, I spent and afternoon looking through every possible reading and setting, and I did not find a way to set the TPMS targets. Maybe some other software could set it, but not Consult.
 
OP
OP
alienpoker

alienpoker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
May 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
303
Reaction score
314
Location
Fresno, CA
Car(s)
2025 Z Nismo, 370Z Nismo
From my recent research- it looks like the BOSE /Nissan AV unit does have the ability to capture oil pressure psi (and as @zeeward said AT trans oil pressure) if supported. A lot of the extra items listed are displayed on the sport mode. See pics which show possible Bose AV Data items and the Signal routes. But I can’t find a way to grab & display pressures.

I could add a physical sender & oil pressure gauge to the car. Even with a vent display, it seems. But I shouldn’t have to!

There seems to be a ‘blank page’ on my display- as there’s an extra dot I can scroll to. But there’s no way I can find to set up a custom display. Which some other premium cars have. C’mon Nissan- these cars are a pedigreed sportscar from you. Why not put in some extra effort on the display software?

As mentioned above, I have found I can see things like Fuel Trim, Timing Advance, individual R/L Turbo Speed with an App on my iPhone and so display with Carplay- but it’s a kludge. And Carplay doesn’t support gauge displays. 😢. Yet… afaik.

Some further info on this- The best way to get ODBC data between car & Phone App seems to be via Bluetooth Dongle. Then you can use wired or wireless Carplay via WiFi.

Otherwise just use wired Carplay and a WiFi Dongle. It may also depend on the App you choose, some are not free. BTW- I know zero about Android support.

IMG_3976.webp
IMG_3975.webp
 

Midz10

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 30, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
86
Reaction score
86
Location
Saudi Arabia
Car(s)
2023 Z, 2008 2JZ 350Z, 2006 EVO9, 2002 Pathfinder,
From my recent research- it looks like the BOSE /Nissan AV unit does have the ability to capture oil pressure psi (and as @zeeward said AT trans oil pressure) if supported. A lot of the extra items listed are displayed on the sport mode. See pics which show possible Bose AV Data items and the Signal routes. But I can’t find a way to grab & display pressures.

I could add a physical sender & oil pressure gauge to the car. Even with a vent display, it seems. But I shouldn’t have to!

There seems to be a ‘blank page’ on my display- as there’s an extra dot I can scroll to. But there’s no way I can find to set up a custom display. Which some other premium cars have. C’mon Nissan- these cars are a pedigreed sportscar from you. Why not put in some extra effort on the display software?

As mentioned above, I have found I can see things like Fuel Trim, Timing Advance, individual R/L Turbo Speed with an App on my iPhone and so display with Carplay- but it’s a kludge. And Carplay doesn’t support gauge displays. 😢. Yet… afaik.

Some further info on this- The best way to get ODBC data between car & Phone App seems to be via Bluetooth Dongle. Then you can use wired or wireless Carplay via WiFi.

Otherwise just use wired Carplay and a WiFi Dongle. It may also depend on the App you choose, some are not free. BTW- I know zero about Android support.

IMG_3976.webp
IMG_3975.webp
This looks like this FSM is for the R35 not the Z. That is the picture of the GTR screen.
 
OP
OP
alienpoker

alienpoker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
May 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
303
Reaction score
314
Location
Fresno, CA
Car(s)
2025 Z Nismo, 370Z Nismo
This looks like this FSM is for the R35 not the Z. That is the picture of the GTR screen.
My point was that the BOSE systems have the ability to track (& display) the info. IF supported by the sensors. They should all be available on the bus… so it’s a Nissan shortcoming, not a Car / AV System one. I’m especially trying to find (and help others) display extra info that is available now via ODBC.
 
 






Top