Sponsored

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
102
Messages
2,830
Reaction score
5,431
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
Running with ZCCA, first time on this West track, with other Z clubs and our GroupZ. Surprisingly cool summer day in Phoenix, overcast 70s, sure was a blessing! Weather was nice to my setup Carbotech XP12/10, RE71RZ, GTR fluid, no issues, temps oil, diff fine, and no fade, great modulation. The RZs took about 1/2 a lap to warm up for grip.



IMG_2696.webp


6b669ab2-01bc-4337-9dbe-b7a6114b8391.webp


IMG_2701.webp


IMG_2687.webp


IMG_2688.webp


IMG_2522.webp
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
102
Messages
2,830
Reaction score
5,431
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
Good job. My GF lives in the same city where the event took place.. With a bad knee I would not enjoy the event.

Did the registration include the track fees?
I wish but nope. Registration $75 includes tshirt, goodie bag, couple raffle tickets, Texas chili. HPDE track day/drift was $250 which is reasonable nowadays for any track. Man your GF could've enjoyed the festivities and car shows, very well done by the desertzassociation and zcca.
 
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
102
Messages
2,830
Reaction score
5,431
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
Next year in some of yours' area, plan on it :)Who's interested, always a great event and show!

1790520576553-a5.webp
 

KyleWI

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kyle
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
79
Reaction score
77
Location
Wisconsin
Car(s)
27 Z NISMO
Occupation
Engineer
Next year in some of yours' area, plan on it :)Who's interested, always a great event and show!

1790520576553-a5.webp
Would have went this year, but I reverted my Performance to stock and my pickup date for 27' NISMO was mid-event.
 
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
102
Messages
2,830
Reaction score
5,431
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
More Phoenix stuff, People's Choice

 
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
102
Messages
2,830
Reaction score
5,431
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
Oh the winning People's Choice per user-submitted design entries....Z31 10th Anniv inspired.

 

Wackit

Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 20, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
15
Reaction score
8
Location
Orange Calif.
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z, 2021 GR Supra, 2012 Honda Fit Sport, 2019 Chevy Spark
Occupation
Retired
More Phoenix stuff, People's Choice

Hello. Just looked at your red Z and was curious on the wheels you have. I can’t zoom the pic close enough to see the details but they look stock but with a contrasting color? I do not like pure black wheels on my car, (I know they are really dark charcoal) and not into going aftermarket. I did put red Z decals on the center cap but it’s not enough to make them interesting. Thanks for any info you have.
 
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
102
Messages
2,830
Reaction score
5,431
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
Hello. Just looked at your red Z and was curious on the wheels you have. I can’t zoom the pic close enough to see the details but they look stock but with a contrasting color? I do not like pure black wheels on my car, (I know they are really dark charcoal) and not into going aftermarket. I did put red Z decals on the center cap but it’s not enough to make them interesting. Thanks for any info you have.
I was running the OEM 370Z Nismo V2 wheels, all rear 19x10.5" square set. They fit great without any spacers and no rubbing even with 285/30 tires, slightly lowered which gave a little more negative camber. I went with this setup so I can rotate the tires giving more life. These V2 wheels are some of the lightest, strongest forged set out there compared to other Nismo wheels and aftermarket.

Here's a buddy's art work render with Tortilla Flat AZ town in the background, yep he missed part of the katana :D

f490445a-fd1d-4eb3-9a0b-9ab2dc5d7f8a.webp
 
 






Top