Car Covers

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
I'm looking for advice on car covers. My Z will live in an underground parking garage, but near the entrance to the garage so it will get dusty pretty quickly. I won't be driving it every day, so I'm thinking it might make sense to get a cover for it.

What do you all think? If you were to buy a cover, where would you get it from? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
Covercraft is working on making custom Weathershields but isn't producing them yet. Nissan is selling covers for the new Z, part #K9001-6GP1A, with dealers charging $350-$400.

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
I ordered the OEM Nissan part, I ended up returning it. It felt like pretty solid plastic & better suited for outdoors. Not convinced that it wouldn't end up scratching things. Had to order it kind of blind though as there's no details on the Nissan parts site.

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Covercraft is working on making custom Weathershields but isn't producing them yet. Nissan is selling covers for the new Z, part #K9001-6GP1A, with dealers charging $350-$400.
Thanks for the details. Is Covercraft a good brand? Have you seen any pictures of the Nissan cover? I see the item listed, but no pictures, for some reason.

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
I ordered the OEM Nissan part, I ended up returning it. It felt like pretty solid plastic & better suited for outdoors. Not convinced that it wouldn't end up scratching things. Had to order it kind of blind though as there's no details on the Nissan parts site.
Oh, man. Sorry to hear that, but I definitely appreciate the information. I figured that Nissan would make one that fits perfectly, but I don't want something too thick and that might risk scratches.

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
Thanks for the details. Is Covercraft a good brand? Have you seen any pictures of the Nissan cover? I see the item listed, but no pictures, for some reason.
Covercraft custom-makes Weathershield HP covers which are awesome but not available yet. Since I couldn't get a Weathershield, I bought a Nissan cover from the dealer. They're kind of flimsy.

iztrumental

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
Can anyone help me choose a good cover for my 2024 Z Nismo? I don’t know what a reasonable price is for a good model cover. I need it for outdoor protection living in VA so it’ll be mostly for protection from snow and the summer heat. I don’t have a garage and I park my car outside on the car lot. Below is a link and I just need help choosing. Thank you!

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop/2024-nissan-z/

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Can anyone help me choose a good cover for my 2024 Z Nismo? I don’t know what a reasonable price is for a good model cover. I need it for outdoor protection living in VA so it’ll be mostly for protection from snow and the summer heat. I don’t have a garage and I park my car outside on the car lot. Below is a link and I just need help choosing. Thank you!

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop/2024-nissan-z/
I remember looking through that and getting confused, so I'm probably not much help. I think they had a chat tool or something where you could ask them directly, though.

iztrumental

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
I remember looking through that and getting confused, so I'm probably not much help. I think they had a chat tool or something where you could ask them directly, though.
Ok thanks I will try that.

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Ok thanks I will try that.
I think you'd be the first to buy one from them (at least on this board), so let us know what you decide. Good luck. :)