First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
@Administrator how about starting one for this color? Desperate to see more. Thanks!

old initial pic per Alfonso Abaisa' IG 'battleship gray'
1633630597571.png

1662125207679.png

1662125223216.png

1662125242037.png

😍🥰

Rogue actual
1633630619659.png

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I keep seeing cars (last few have been Audis and BMWs) in various...shades, if you will, of boulder gray, and it really really really looks good in person. You get the essence of a darker colored car without having to worry about being close to black and therefore a headache to maintain. I've always dug gunmetal gray too, but this is a nice take on the concept. Me likey.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
This color, to me, has that aggressiveness without being bland, can be matched or accented with many other colors, e.g. on wheels. trim. And most interior color works too. Plus hides dirt well.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Not a fan. At all. Looks like shiny primer. Especially in person. We need a darker gray like this...

watkins-glen-gray-metallic-chevrolet-c7-z06-corvette-weld-s71-drag-racing-wheels-f.jpg

This is probably my favorite gray of all time.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
it looks to be a lighter shade of toyotas 'cement', which is an awesome color.

i was wanting to paint my supra this color and possibly my xr if i decide to keep it.

edit: the bronze proto wheels would look amazing on that color...

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Yea there’s the gunmetal for this
I've seen the Gunmetal in person. Not as dark as Watkins Glen gray metallic. If it was as dark or even close to being as good looking I wouldn't have mentioned it.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
This is one of those colors that will show character lines pretty well under most lighting. I like gunmetal too, but too dark and hides all the sweet lines plus gets lost in the crowd. Like @Eric48 mentioned does have a deep gloss to it, nice!

Porsche Nardo gray, just looks serious racy! You can put any color wheels with it, plus any black or CF body accents added.

1633701324418.png

1633701565947.png

Last edited:

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
Honestly, Audi Nardo Grey is probly a better color. It's iconic. I need to see it on a Z in person, but I really do like the BGP and as of right now I think it's my first choice.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
This whole fad of new cars coming in this gray just makes me think if they got a discount for leaving it primer color.
What you're talking about is non-metallic paint and it's likely a lower-end of the paint values. It makes the car looks dull. The paint will definitely be cheaper but not sure if the manufacturing process will be cheaper bc of the abnormal paint.

For the non-metallic paint cars, I think it's necessary to protect it (wax, ceramic coat, or PFF) to prevent it from looking less dull. The advantage of metallic paint is the shiny wet look and you can go much longer w/o car wash.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
What you're talking about is non-metallic paint and it's likely a lower-end of the paint values. It makes the car looks dull. The paint will definitely be cheaper but not sure if the manufacturing process will be cheaper bc of the abnormal paint.

For the non-metallic paint cars, I think it's necessary to protect it (wax, ceramic coat, or PFF) to prevent it from looking less dull. The advantage of metallic paint is the shiny wet look and you can go much longer w/o car wash.
I disagree somewhat. Metallic paints and esp reds, tend to oxidize quicker when parked out in the sun, my experience. These non-metallics in today's paint process has the high gloss clearcoat protection which is pretty deep and glossy. It's easily cleaned and not dull at all IMO. It's true that any metallic will reflect the light better, i.e. shinier, but non-metallics will remain glossy for years.