BOULDER GRAY Nissan Z Color Pics & Club

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So are these just for press release and media test drives or has full production already started?
At last count we are up to 16 cars out and aboutā€¦.Iā€™d find it hard to believe that 16 have been hand built. They must be in production.

Also is that a black and Boulder? If so first time for these coloursā€¦now we just have to see a rosewood and we have seen all colours

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Still my #1 choice! ? It's the same tint as the Frontier Pro-4x per the Nissan reps. These pics have too much sunlight but still saweeet! Got to have the red interior though, great match!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I just can't like that color. I'm trying to get the hype. We'll see when I see it on the Z in person.

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
People are being overly dramatic, color looks fine and has a lot more "character" to it than any other form of the gray scale. Same people saying this looks "awful" are the same ones thinking that the standard silver, gunmetal or white are premium choices. ?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
People are being overly dramatic, color looks fine and has a lot more "character" to it than any other form of the gray scale. Same people saying this looks "awful" are the same ones thinking that the standard silver, gunmetal or white are premium choices. ?
I've seen grays like this in person and I hate them. Just looks like shiny primer. No depth, no pearl, no metallic, just flat, shiny primer. My foot has more character.

This color is just as "standard" as the ones you mentioned, maybe even less so. Like I said, I'll make my final judgement when I see it in person. As far as pictures are concerned, it's meh at best.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
I've seen grays like this in person and I hate them. Just looks like shiny primer. No depth, no pearl, no metallic, just flat, shiny primer. My foot has more character.

This color is just as "standard" as the ones you mentioned, maybe even less so. Like I said, I'll make my final judgement when I see it in person. As far as pictures are concerned, it's meh at best.
Look everyone has their own opinion and feel about color, bottom line. Iā€™m partial to this color because for my use, as a track car it looks serious with black accents and possibly bronze Proto wheels without being too ā€˜whiteā€™ or too ā€˜darkā€™ that itā€™ll lose character lines.

Itā€™s really good that not one color is the most popular. One example is the Fighter Jet Gray on the Mustang Mach 1. Everybody wants that color.

The new Z has a broader audience, so more color preferences, thatā€™s cool. No need to bash others.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Not bashing it, just not my cup of tea. Like I've said multiple times now, I'll see if my opinion changes when I see it in person.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Perfect. ?
The only car color I like like that is black. Funny enough the black car I have has purple and blue in the paint.

Last edited:

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Close to Boulder Gray, the Jet Fighter Grey Mach 1 looks sweet with those black accents, shown here at Willow Springs Raceway.

1640477096476.png

1640477182042.png

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/at_speed_with_the_2021_ford_mustang_mach_1/
Looks good. The black roof/accents on the Z are what help sell this color for me. Similar colors to Boulder like Nardo or Brooklyn in person usually look good to me on smaller vehicles, so I'm hoping this is no different. It was originally third behind white and then blue, but after seeing these pictures I think it's jumped up to first since I already have a white car. Will definitely have to see all three in person before making a decision and I think I can rule out all the other colors for different reasons without needing to see them. The only other color I'd really consider is GM, but my 370 was that color and I want something different this time.