BLACK DIAMOND Nissan Z Color Pics & Club

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Black really looks awesome. Too bad itā€™s so hard to keep clean/looking good.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
OMGā€¦he gets a Z and then sticks a Xmas tree on the roof to scratch it up ASAPā€¦some people donā€™t deserve nice things
Literally the same thought I had. Not even a tarp or anything to protect it! Come onnn

It'd appear they've had it for at least a month, too -so gotta imagine they paid a premium for it.

Valaroth

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MAZDA Mazda3 Turbo PP Hatchback
Occupation
Film/TV/Game/Trailer Composer
Had a chance to drive the one and only 2023 Nissan Z on Big Island (HI) via Turo.

30103D06-1F88-48FB-BFAD-FE8A78FCDEA6.jpeg

Some things were far better than I expected, some far worse. Here are my personal, subjective thoughts:

Pros:
+ Incredibly quick. Faster than I thought it would be.
+ Excellent steering, handling, driving dynamics. So fun to drive. Not too sharp, not too soft. Very drivable as a daily.
+ Surprisingly comfortable ride quality and quiet cabin. Again, very livable.
+ Looks amazing in person. Every angle. Pictures donā€™t do it justice. Draws a LOT of attention.
+ Instrument cluster (and all three customizable displays) is excellent. Everything youā€™d want in a modern sports car!
+ Interior Design is excellent!ā€¦ but the execution? Not so muchā€¦ covered in:

Cons:
- Interior materials, buttons, switches and plastic isā€¦ ancient. Feels like itā€™s a few generations old, depending on where you look/touch.
- Infotainment is unacceptable. Slow, laggy touch screen and inputs, confusing menus when not in CarPlay. Difficult to do things like adjust the screenā€™s brightness without being very distracting.
- Back up camera is nearly unusable. For a car with parking sensors, Iā€™m shocked by how low the resolution is, and how little light and detail it picks up. This must be upgraded in 2024.
- Center console armrest suffers from a fatal flaw ā€” the forward-most edge is a thin hard piece of plastic with zero padding beneath the cover. While 90% of the armrest is soft and comfortable, the front edge of the armrest cuts into your forearm. I cannot imagine how bad this would be after longer periods of time while driving manual.
- Being 6ā€™4ā€ ā€” I do wish the seatback reclined a bit more, or that the seat cushion tilted upwards even more than it does to relieve the fatigue on my knees and ankles.
- Sound system isā€¦ terrible. Full stop.

After driving this car for roughly 300 miles over an entire Saturday, I can confidently say itā€™s good. Very good. But I can also confidently say that I wouldnā€™t trade in my ā€˜21 Mazda3 Turbo until they fix some of the quality of life issues that I think shouldā€™ve been addressed before this hit the market at the price point itā€™s at. Iā€™ve got a hi def 360 cam, HUD, heated steering wheel and seats, 12-speaker Bose sound system (shared with the Cayman) AWD, leather, and a much more comfortable, spacious, and detailed cabin for $34K.

The complete package is within Nissanā€™s reach. The base model is an incredibly impressive sports car for the money, and so much fun to drive. That said, they canā€™t afford to skimp where even economy cars from the likes of Honda, Hyundai, Kia, and Mazda excel.

Happy to answer any specific questions if you have any! Happy Holidays, all. :)

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
I reached out about a month or 2 ago to a dealer about 45m-1h away, asking about the Z that I saw was inbound for them. They said they already had a buyer lined up, but put me down on their list. Well last night, I got a call that their buyer had fallen thru and the car was going to open sale, 'first come first buy' - Interestingly I was the only one that had answered from the salesman I was talking with, but this was at 6pm on a Thursday so maybe I shouldn't be as surprised. The salesman I was working with was actually already off for the day, but came back in to meet me and make the sale.

Long story short (TL;DR) - I am now the proud owner of a Black Diamond metallic performance! So far: Brilliant car, what a step up from my WRX! Pics below!

Before anyone asks: $5k market adjustment. Oh well.

Pics!
B905718A-C80E-4042-92DB-F2CE73B164E9.jpeg
DF84F7E9-EC6D-44D8-9FF1-96FE974B3255.jpeg
86346108-F55E-42DC-A80A-50F7845188B0.jpeg
1D2A7FC1-0775-49A5-B755-4DFFE86BDEE7.jpeg
4D639DCE-8B88-44F0-89F2-7DA90AC6BFFF.jpeg
5197B766-A0A6-45D8-8E4B-FF666DD34DFF.jpeg
ED042E5B-C817-434B-BEE3-A42436F5E6D0.jpeg

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 BMW M240i, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
I am considering having my stock wheels powder coated this color - doing a very slight drop and adding some spacers to bring the wheels out for a more flush fitment