Donalex

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
REO was really good. A lot of audience participation as they did all their hits and familiar cuts. The opening act was a young band with good bones. I got the feeling REO is mentoring them.

I've seen RUSH twice, including 1981 and 2016 (I think) on their last tour. Amazing what amount of sound only three guys make. Be sure to read Neil Peart's book about his motorcycle journey after his daughter and wife died within months of each other.

I've gained an appreciation for good cover bands. VH is gone, but I saw a cover band at Paul Tuttle's OCC Roadhouse in St. Petersburg, FL. Really good, but the DLR wannabee was older and he decided to take off his shirt for the ladies. GROSS!

Classic Albums Live is an organization which performs rock albums cut for cut, note for note with no fanfare, no costumes. It's ALL about the music. They don't even talk between songs. You can close your eyes and dream about being in an AC/DC, Stones, Bowie, VH, Pink Floyd, etc concert. They play Florida and Canada, I think. Phenomenal musicians.

ROCK ON!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
...but the DLR wannabee was older and he decided to take off his shirt for the ladies. GROSS!
cant be as bad as a friend that told me about the time he and his gf went to small venue and saw the red hot chilli peppers before they got huge.

he said when all the members came out on stage to perform, the only thing they were wearing was a sock...yes a single sock

Last edited:

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
went to I Prevail and Godsmack last weekend. was pretty fun was up front the whole time. found a video of roughly where I was 🤪

PXL_20230522_015204519.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well, I haven’t been to any concerts for a while….but I just spent the better part of two days on three computers to secure 4 cold play tickets for my son.
They are playing a 1 off ( which turned into two) concerts in Australia and both will be in WA.
This is huge as we never usually get anything, Sydney and Melbourne are absolutely spewing.
At one point there was over 300,000 people online at the same time trying to get tickets.
Crazy

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Saw Rhapsody of Fire, Wind Rose, and Seven Kingdoms two nights ago in Orlando. Totally not my type of music but it didn't suck.

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
Anyone else going to Blue Ridge Rock Fest?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I live close but ive heard the logistics every year are a nightmare where you get stuck in there and the busses back to you car only run twice a day . I usually skip it because those same bands I like usually hit that festival as part of their own tour so I catch them before or after at a amphitheater setting where I can just get upfront pit tickets. sometimes it works the opposite for me as because the bands go to this festival they might skip a NC date as they feel its already close enough. case in point is the pantera lamb of god tour skipped NC probably because of blue ridge this year

my next shows are psycotherapy sessions tour with mudvayne July 23. I got the VIP tickets as mudvayne is probably my fav metal band. Then july 30th take back your life tour with Disturbed

Last edited:

socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
Any of my socal people going to Avenged Sevenfold tomorrow at the forum? or Aftershock in October?

OP
OP
Donalex

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
my next shows are psycotherapy sessions tour with mudvayne July 23. I got the VIP tickets as mudvayne is probably my fav metal band. Then july 30th take back your life tour with Disturbed
Does this mean you have psychotherapy sessions after the heavy metal concerts?

Asking for an old guy...

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does this mean you have psychotherapy sessions after the heavy metal concerts?

Asking for an old guy...

I think its intended to be in place of psychotherapy sessions 🤪

1686253996468.png

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got back had a great time even though the show got cut short for lightning on the area

PXL_20230724_042058851.MP.jpg

FB_IMG_1690173614139.jpg

FB_IMG_1690173626354.jpg

FB_IMG_1690173604605.jpg