ARMASPEED Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intakes

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Hey guys, wanted to share this product on here as I haven't seen any other posts about it.

Here's some info straight from Armaspeed to start:

• Craftsmanship: Made from high-strength prepreg carbon fiber, ensuring durability and lightweight design. Complemented by an Aluminum Alloy Airbox to effectively block heat.
  • Efficiency: Streamlined airflow design ensures smooth, obstruction-free intake.
  • Sound: Experience the signature ARMASPEED intake roar, specially tailored for Nissan Z's twin-turbo VR30DDTT engine.
  • Design: Unique semi-open concept improves airflow, especially after ECU tuning, while maintaining efficient cold air intake. Say goodbye to the restrictions of a narrow intake hole!
  • Filter: Custom-designed air filter, optimized for space and efficiency, guarantees lasting and efficient intake.
  • Product detail:
    • Carbon fiber cover *2
    • Aluminum Alloy Airbox *2
    • ARMASPEED high-flow air filter *2
    • Accessories
Nissan-Z-Carbon-768x512.jpg

Ive had these intakes on for a few weeks now so I feel comfortable sharing my opinion.

First off the packaging was legit, actually kind of surprised how nice it was lol. Box was like 2 inches thick with some nice padding inside. They even sent cloth bags for the carbon pieces which was a pleasant surprise. Perhaps even a little overkill but hey it ensures your product arrives safely.

Quality of all the pieces was very nice. I didn't have any imperfections or missing hardware. Sometimes on intake boxes I see some scratches or overspray but nothing on these. Carbon all looked mint.

Installation was so so lol. Armaspeed's pieces were very straight forward so nothing on them, but Nissan just makes removing the stock intakes a pain in the ass. It's super cramped and the spring clips are kinda a nightmare unless you have the right tools. I went out and bought some long flathead screw drivers which made things much easier. Once the stock boxes are out, installing the new boxes, filters, and covers are easy. Armaspeed has a very unique filter which I haven't seen before, it's huge and triangular. You also use the factory maf sesnor / housing so no CEL in thrown.

So now the part everyone cares about, the sound. They sound mean as hell lol. I absolutely love how loud they are, I swear it's almost like a BOV. Very audible inside while driving which I've enjoyed a lot. Im also not sure if it's placebo but i do think there's a slight increase in throttle response? I could very well be crazy because im not tuned yet but I think it's there. I'm confident once I get a full tune I'll pick up some hp.

These intakes have a very clean look to them. Its almost hard to tell they are intakes a first glance. Very different than the other offerings from Z1, Nismo, and AMS. Once my engine cover arrives I think the overall package will be very slick looking.

Overall im very happy with them. Ive seen Armaspeed products on other cars like a Supra and they sounded awesome, and I can now say they didnt disappoint with our cars either.

Its been raining like crazy where im at lately but ill have some driveby clips coming in the near future so you can really hear what they sound like outside. For now I have some rev clips. Stay tuned!

Disclaimer: Armaspeed did sponsor me but these thoughts are 100% my own. No BS

IMG_20230925_191038_671.jpg

Polish_20231019_161411247.jpg

20231019_153054.jpg