Anyone gonna replace any gauges on their z?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
2023-Nissan-Z_S-10[1].jpg

so far we know that there will be a boost, turbo speed and volt gauge.
anyone think there was something else that should have gone in instead?

...or who here is gonna swap any of them out? if so, what and why?

Captain Drew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Subaru WRX
Coolant temp would be a good one for racing applications, or oil pressure. I believe both of those can show up on the dash though so it just seems odd to have a boost and speed gauge for the turbo. Maybe someone will come out with a replacement that is an analog clock. That would be sick.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Coolant temp would be a good one for racing applications, or oil pressure. I believe both of those can show up on the dash though so it just seems odd to have a boost and speed gauge for the turbo. Maybe someone will come out with a replacement that is an analog clock. That would be sick.
analog clock would be awesome....so retro. the kids now wouldnt know what that was ?
the last time i saw an oem analog clock for a mkiv, it was $400!

slknv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911, Cayenne Turbo, Nissan S15
On my S15, the aftermarket oil pressure gauge has saved the engine a few times (blocked oil pickup causing low pressure at idle). But if the digital dash can show oil pressure, I'm fine with that.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
analog clock would be awesome....so retro. the kids now wouldnt know what that was ?
My Peugeot had an analog clock…except it still connected to your phone so it always kept correct time…that car was before it’s time ?

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
The turbo RPM: I wonder what the guage is doing when it observe the STUTUTUTU flutter. I think it might interesting to see on the Q50 or Q60 since they don't have any diverter valve or BOV.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
They might as well should make those mid-dash gauges entirely digital to match the main, this allows total customization from the main controls. Gauges can be swapped to show for example EGR, stopwatch, various temps, etc.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Only thing I'd add is a wideband.

Bunnzilla

First Name
Bunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stanza Wagon
This raises an interesting question: is there a time display in the new Z? I just looked at some pictures of the digital gauges, and I don’t see time anywhere. Maybe it’s a mode you can select on the steering column. Or maybe it will be built into the infotainment system.

Anyone with a current Nissan that can elaborate on where they’re putting clocks now?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
This raises an interesting question: is there a time display in the new Z? I just looked at some pictures of the digital gauges, and I don’t see time anywhere. Maybe it’s a mode you can select on the steering column. Or maybe it will be built into the infotainment system.

Anyone with a current Nissan that can elaborate on where they’re putting clocks now?
It'll definitely be on the infotainment. On the 370Z the 3rd gauge pod shows the time as well as on the infotainment if you have the touring package.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

This appears to be the exact same infotainment center as my wife's Rogue. The clock is displayed there.

Nine0z32

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Frontier
Looks to have engine oil temp and pressure, coolant temp and diff temp:

1633614341843.png

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Going to swap them with aem wideband and defi exhaust temp and oil pressure
exhaust temp would be cool too.

now that we know more about the z from when this thread was first started...is anything missing?

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I don't plan to. Is there a rundown of what guages are displayed on the dash and in the three pods? I have no experience with these apps, but a handful of them out there that will tell you all that you need to know. Would rather look at my phone or through am access port to see if there is anything else I feel I need to log or follow.