First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
The oil temp got concerningly high for that car during the summer in GA. It felt fast with bolt-ons and a tune but without FI not fast enough. Other than oil temp and power/speed nothing else comes to mind. It was a good car for me and I've just been waiting/hoping for another TT Z since getting rid of it and owning a car with a couple turbos since.

The 370 only saw the street and I owned it from 2012-2015. Prior to that I drove a HR 350 from 2010-2012.
I second these comments; i had my 370z from 2014-2018, loved every second of it, but the oil temps were def the biggest issue I had (even on slightly hooning around the city). The power to weight wasn't an issue for me then as it was the most powerful car I had driven, but now, after FI and the instant torque/power delivery, I would say 400hp on the Z is def welcomed.

Some will like the NA VQ more as there will be less "lag" in response, but when tuned, FI will remove the jerkiness the same way EcuTek tune did on the 370z.

High oil temps must be rectified, some of our tracks here are out by desert's edge, hot temps are the norm! Twin turbo like my 240Z's loses power under heat, not to mention wear and tear. Hope Nissan addresses this, that huge grille probably has better access to the oil coolers.
+Oil Coolers and Intercooloers/Heat Exchangers. This engine is a TIGHT fit in the bay; its super tight in the Q60 bay, so a big intercooler wll have to be #1 mod for street/track.

I drove my S4 (no-intercooler) vs an exact spec S4 w/intercooler in the same twisties here in NC, and 100% could tell the power loss was present in mine. After about 3 turns in mid-high rpms with 70% boost load, the car started bogging, and then completing the route, car was extremely slow. Heatsoak is a biiyotch in these FI cars.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
Not sure if this has been brought up on the thread yet or not. But do we go know if Nissan has done anything to improve the brake cooling on the new Z? I know that was a pretty big issue on the 370 if you were tracking/autocrossing it

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Not sure if this has been brought up on the thread yet or not. But do we go know if Nissan has done anything to improve the brake cooling on the new Z? I know that was a pretty big issue on the 370 if you were tracking/autocrossing it
From looking underneath the new Z I don't see any noticeable ducting front or rear, this worries me. Might have to go aftermarket.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
From looking underneath the new Z I don't see any noticeable ducting front or rear, this worries me. Might have to go aftermarket.
I didn't see anything either.

However, there were 2 issues with the original implementation of Akebonos on the Z34 370Z and G37 coupes:

-pads that got hot quickly
-brake fluid that boiled up too soon.

I remember at least one car mag stuffing a new 370Z into a track wall!

Nissan and Infiniti revised the brake pad P/N's, and as an enthusiast you are more than welcome to exchange the OEM brake fluid for something higher tempt-rated.

I have played around with the Akebono calipers, and they are fine units. You get 12 pistons on a Z, G or Q with these installed. Use good pads and fluid and you'll be fine!

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
I would 100% swap pads and fluid before going on track - in ANY car.
Agreed. It was a rude awakening on the final session of my first track day with my car. After the long straight, I could basically feel the DOT 3 boiling through the pedal

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Lived in Shinjuki for a Solid Year, Right in Front of Tokyo Station West Exit, Ginza is Just South of the East Exit - Awwww The Old Stompin Grounds . . .

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
In the actual dealership…I wonder if anyone in Japan actually owns one yet 🧐
I'm Positive A Few Nissan insiders Already Have Theirs, It's How They Do . . .