2022 Nissan Z Has 400 HP, Costs $34,995 As Insider Spills The Beans

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
I have wanted a Nismo version since the 2015 refresh of the Nismo 370Z, but I have been waiting due to life and other things changing. I told myself that I'd likely want a Nismo version of this car, but now reality is pointing more toward a Nismo Z being closer to $60k.

It's gotta be a HELL of a car to punch up to a C8 Corvette. If the car market ever comes back to earth, I'd end up choosing between a Nismo Z and a used R35 or a new C8 from Kerbeck, and that's something that never would have previously crossed my mind. That makes it difficult for this Z fanboy to outright choose the Z.

Still a lot I don't know to make a definite decision one way or another, but it's not looking so hot for me at the moment. Looking at this as objectively as possible, the car is priced around where it should be given the market, what the car brings to the table, and Nissan's current financial situation. It's just about $5k more than I expected, and we still don't know how much they're going to charge for the performance package.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The 86 starts around $29k. The price increase makes it a little harder for me too.
See again, different markets the US and Aus….so it’s probably why we see things differently.
The Z series in Australia carries far more weight in the sports category than the BRZ or 86, as I’ve previously said every second car on the road seemed to be an 86 at one point because EVERYONE bought them. They are already a big step down in affordability than the Nissan’s or the Supra here, with the Supra double that of an 86….totally different markets

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have wanted a Nismo version since the 2015 refresh of the Nismo 370Z, but I have been waiting due to life and other things changing. I told myself that I'd likely want a Nismo version of this car, but now reality is pointing more toward a Nismo Z being closer to $60k.

It's gotta be a HELL of a car to punch up to a C8 Corvette. If the car market ever comes back to earth, I'd end up choosing between a Nismo Z and a used R35 or a new C8 from Kerbeck, and that's something that never would have previously crossed my mind. That makes it difficult for this Z fanboy to outright choose the Z.

Still a lot I don't know to make a definite decision one way or another, but it's not looking so hot for me at the moment. Looking at this as objectively as possible, the car is priced around where it should be given the market, what the car brings to the table, and Nissan's current financial situation. It's just about $5k more than I expected, and we still don't know how much they're going to charge for the performance package.
It’s just so interesting…the Aussies don’t seem as shocked because we were expecting it to be between 70-80k on road, which 40-45k us would equate too.
In comparison a Supra is 90k a Corvette is close to 150k, the Emira looked promising but once all taxes etc go on it too will probably track the 140-150k …so to me it’s still good value

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
See the problem with comparing the price of the Z to the GR86 is that, they're not necessarily in the same market. The Z is heading for Supra territory; Nailing the price and features that the supra fell flat is what the Z is aiming for; The only way the Z would compete with the GR86 would be if there was a 300hp version that would obviously come in lower $ closer to what the GR is.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy

I'm thinking the Performance Package will be around $43k-45k. Now for me that's hitting Mustang GT territory. Originally I was going to get a Mustang but heard about the new Z coming which I was excited about. Thinking cheaper sports car but just as fun. But here we are. I'm still determined to get the Z but I just wished it was a tad cheaper. Maybe I'm being foolish but it's just my thoughts.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
It’s just so interesting…the Aussies don’t seem as shocked because we were expecting it to be between 70-80k on road, which 40-45k us would equate too.
In comparison a Supra is 90k a Corvette is close to 150k, the Emira looked promising but once all taxes etc go on it too will probably track the 140-150k …so to me it’s still good value
It's because you poor Aussies are used to getting boned with insane fun car prices, but you get legal R34 GT-Rs as compensation ;)