2022 400Z Pricing Talk

Gunnerman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Toyota FJ
I hope that Nissan doesn't jack up the price for this new car. The 370Z starts at $31k and that's a good price for the performance that you get. C&D thinks that the Z will start somewhere in the $40k range. Kind of high imo but it still would undercut the Supra by 10k+ lol. How much do you think the new Z to be? I'm going to say $38k.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I feel it depends on how much it’s going to be revised. Obviously the motor and panels. But is the chassis going to be the same? With more power will we see bigger brakes? Hope so. Better LSD than before? Your price point is nice as long as there are improvements beyond just the motor.

Seong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 CBR600
I’d think the car will be at least in the mid 40k range to start with. Unless they make a NA version to compete with the 2.0 Supra in the mid 30s

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
^
I just don’t know yet. I’d like to think it won’t be that high for base model. Yet we don’t know what models to be. But it’s very possible. If they include the GTR brakes on that car and a good LSD I’d be game $45/50K. For what I plan to do, most likely I’m gonna change out parts anyway. BBK and LSD are the most important for me. The only mistake I made on my last car was I did get a base model for track purpose and I wish I would’ve got a sport model because the rev match feature. If that comes standard on a base model I’ll probably end up with a base. And then we don’t really know what Nissan has planned and how much improvement they plan to make. I personally would love to see the car come in at 38K.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I think to be very close to the Supra so approx. $42 US and $60 Canadian.

FL-rally

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking
There's a lot of unknowns obviously but let's have some guesses about pricing based on what we know and can guess.

I've seen estimates all over the place in the media articles. Anywhere from starting price in the mid-30s to mid-upper 40s. Most are not based on any info.

I noticed Cnet Roadshow's article with this blurb. Huge grain of salt taken of course, but fingers crossed.

"Based on Roadshow's sources, it's likely safe to ballpark that the Z's base price will start with the number 3, undercutting the Toyota GR Supra. There will almost certainly be a not-insignificant upwards price walk from today's surprisingly affordable base 370Z ($31,000 delivered) to reflect the new model's additional power and equipment. That said, expect Nissan's ask to start well shy of the Nismo Z's eye-watering $46,715 window sticker(including $925 delivery fee). A starting price in the neighborhood of $38,000 to $39,000 sounds about right, which would make the Z something of a value play next to the automatic-only GR Supra ($44,000 delivered for the 2021 2.0-liter model, $52,000 for the more-comparable 3.0)."

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
if the rumors of it being released in spring are true, i would then assume we would see some numbers sooner than later.

that being said.......the event gave little to no info on the car itself sooooo who knows lol

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Here's what I think the only realistic and financially logical way to price the Z:

The Z car is and has always been known as an affordable sports car that is obtainable by any enthusiast. They even said this in the Z Proto livestream reveal. That being said I believe if the new Z was more than $45k INCLUDING options, it would not be successful in todays market. I see the new Z competing mainly against the likes of the Mustang GT and the Supra. Starting at under $40k you get great V8 performance from the Mustang GT. But of course the head to head will be with the Supra.

The 6-cyclinder Supra ranges from $50-55k. If the new Z was in that price range it would need to be a better all-around car for it to beat the Supra in sales. This means, when a consumer is looking at buying one of the two, they're comparing which has better performance, better styling/design, better interior finish, and better driving experience. Let's break down each of these segments:

-Performance: the new 2021 Supra now has 382HP. The new Z is rumored to have 400HP. Yes that is 18hp more but we also don't know how much the new Z will weigh. If it weighs more than the Supra, that extra hp becomes negligible.
-Styling/Design: the new Z will be heavily based upon the Z Proto as they said it is over 90% production ready. Based on online reviews and outpouring criticisms from enthusiasts, the styling seems to be on the fence for a lot of people. Some love it, some hate it. Some like most of the new design, but hate other parts of it and vice-versa.
-Interior: the new Z has a much nicer, more modern interior compared to the current generation, but is it nice enough compared to the Supra? Yes the Supra has a BMW interior, but regardless it is still a nice interior.
-Driving Experience: manual option. This is the one category that the new Z has the definite advantage in. I think any enthusiast will agree the new Z wins in this segment.

Other things to take into account is the fact that Sports cars sales have been dwindling drastically in recent time. If the current gen Z is priced at ~$30k starting, ~$40k with full options and still barely selling in today's market, why would they put out the next gen Z that is a whole $10k over? Yes, there are improvements to the new Z, however I don't see those improvements equating to a ~$50k+ price tag. I can see the new Z Nismo starting at $50-55k, but not the regular gen Z.

If they're smart, they'll put out the next gen Z starting at an undercutting price around $35k and optioning out to around $45k. Why? Because undercutting the current market competitors will almost force consumers to go with the new Z. At the end of the day price is what ultimately determines the cars we buy and having a great performing, modernized, refined sports car at an unbeatable price would dominate the market.

Last edited:

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
Awesome points @Andaesthetics!

I think the manual is going to help sell the Z. I know from following the Supra MKV forum that a lot of interested people bailed once Toyota announced it was auto only. And I agree that they'll have to undercut the Supra with the 400Z pricing. Even if people don't like that it's pretty much a Toyota badged BMW, it's got a BMW level-like interior. Not sure what 400Z's interior will be like but if it's 350z/370z level, then it'll have to be priced lower than the Supra for that reason alone.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Awesome points @Andaesthetics!

I think the manual is going to help sell the Z. I know from following the Supra MKV forum that a lot of interested people bailed once Toyota announced it was auto only. And I agree that they'll have to undercut the Supra with the 400Z pricing. Even if people don't like that it's pretty much a Toyota badged BMW, it's got a BMW level-like interior. Not sure what 400Z's interior will be like but if it's 350z/370z level, then it'll have to be priced lower than the Supra for that reason alone.
This is pretty much the finished interior. It is much, much better than the current gen Z, but anyone would be lying if they said it's better than the Supra's interior.

z-proto-112-1599674384.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0.jpg

nissan-z-proto-113-1599674385.jpg?crop=1xw:0.jpg

z-proto-114-1599674386.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0.jpg

z-proto-115-1599674387.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0.jpg

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
This is pretty much the finished interior. It is much, much better than the current gen Z, but anyone would be lying if they said it's better than the Supra's interior.
The Supra's interior is disappointing. The steering wheel is one of the worse in the industry with that huge chunk of plastic as the lower spoke. That touchscreen design on any car always looks like an afterthought to me.

I prefer this Z's interior.

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
86 Hakone, '18 Tundra 4x4, '15 4Runner Trail
Occupation
Veterinary practice managing partner
Someone posted a pic of their MKV Supra seat, where the factory cover wound up looking like a baggy, poor fitting aftermarket slip on. I have little confidence in BMW quality, and will be watching the new Z...

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i

z-proto-112-1599674384.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0.jpg

nissan-z-proto-113-1599674385.jpg?crop=1xw:0.jpg

z-proto-114-1599674386.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0.jpg

z-proto-115-1599674387.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0.jpg
Luckily that'll pretty much be the look of the interior cuz I love it, but I hope the quality ends up like what this interior appears to be as well.

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i
Someone posted a pic of their MKV Supra seat, where the factory cover wound up looking like a baggy, poor fitting aftermarket slip on. I have little confidence in BMW quality, and will be watching the new Z...
Do you have a pic? I haven't been a fan of BMW interior designs anyway starting with the E90 3 Series. It just got so avant garde.