First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I really like what's starting to happen for us enthusiasts. Maybe other manufacturers will hop on the import wars bandwagon and we can resurrect the 90s, arguably the greatest decade in existence for us.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ah man this is getting good! We'll have a GR Corolla and manual Supra before we even know the weight of the Z. Nissan needs to pull their head out of their a$$es.
Exactly…at the rate they are going the Supra will be released at the same time or just a few months later, their dilly dallying has given us manual loving buyers another serious option
Personally I still like the Z more, but this will be a real option for many

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Exactly…at the rate they are going the Supra will be released at the same time or just a few months later, their dilly dallying has given us manual loving buyers another serious option
Personally I still like the Z more, but this will be a real option for many
Indeed! A lot of people knocked the Supra at first (me included), but it seems like many are warming up to it. Could also be that for not much money you can make them ridiculously fast. Seeing them in person they have quite a presence. Don't think the new Z will have the same road presence of a Supra. It'll have a worse interior and performance is still TBD.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I've liked it since I first saw it in person. Definitely one of those that pictures do no justice to. Then of course there's the tuning potential.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I've liked it since I first saw it in person. Definitely one of those that pictures do no justice to. Then of course there's the tuning potential.
Yep, agreed. Definitely looks better in person. Turns heads for sure especially living in the midwest.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
If only it didn’t have all those fake vents
I find fake vents silly on any car, especially to this extent, but it would look much better to me if they removed the ones on the hood and doors entirely. Just making the vents functional really does nothing for me since the car would look exactly the same. Fix the doors and give it a face-lift for a LCI and the rest is much easier to look past.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Fake vents, half BMW, whatever anyone wants to say.. the car performs very well. Very underrated stock. Hopefully the 2023 Z's 400HP is closer to WHP otherwise the Supra is going to blow the doors off the Z.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I find fake vents silly on any car, especially to this extent, but it would look much better to me if they removed the ones on the hood and doors entirely. Just making the vents functional really does nothing for me since the car would look exactly the same. Fix the doors and give it a face-lift for a LCI and the rest is much easier to look past.
correct me if Im wrong….you have seen the Z in person?

just wondering if in person it really does cut the sports car mood or is erring on the side of a muscle car, without seeing the width, chunkyness ect in person it’s hard to judge.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
correct me if Im wrong….you have seen the Z in person?

just wondering if in person it really does cut the sports car mood or is erring on the side of a muscle car, without seeing the width, chunkyness ect in person it’s hard to judge.
Yeah, indoors in Boulder Gray. Definitely sports car for me and had an awesome presence just sitting there. No doubt in my mind that it'll draw a lot of attention and compliments from random people whenever the production model finally hits the road, which is the lowest thing on my list when buying a car, but I can appreciate when approached by someone who really knows the car and what they're talking about.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah, indoors in Boulder Gray. Definitely sports car for me and had an awesome presence just sitting there. No doubt in my mind that it'll draw a lot of attention and compliments from random people whenever the production model finally hits the road, which is the lowest thing on my list when buying a car, but I can appreciate when approached by someone who really knows the car and what they're talking about.
All good just having a little domestic with my 20 year old son, I say sports…he says it’s looking more like a muscle …good to have some back up 🤣🤣