Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
showed a friend this pic

"hey, the engine is missing" 🤣
LMAO

I guess 3rd time's the charmed.

I think you made the right call by passing. That thing needs a lot of work and can easily become a money pit disaster.
Yeah, I actually talked it over with the SO and we both agreed that something like this could quickly turn into a nightmare and that it was best to let someone with more time, funds, and experience tackle this project.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
What's sad is that I have seen NSXs with less damage then that being hacked up for parts.
Oh yeah, especially back in the day when they were only going for around $10k-$15k on Copart and IAAI.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
I love the NSX.

Had a chance to buy a used one in 1996 for $30k, almost did it.

But, I would think buying one nowadays would be a letdown.

Too precious for traffic. And you might be disappointed in the power, we've been spoiled for a while now with pretty quick cars available to the masses. It'd be difficult to enjoy the NSX. All of the drivers on the road under the influence, distracted, no insurance, no consequences, wouldn't want to risk it.
Wasn't it slow for even 90's standards?

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
I might get flamed for this, but I think the old NSX is overrated and not worth what most dealers are asking. It's a beautiful car no doubt, but it doesn't seem that many people are willing to pay the outrageous asking price for one. The ones with super low miles and pristine condition sure, those are collector cars. But LMAO when I see ads with: auto, questionable mods/history, and 100k-150k with a price tag of $60k to $80k and higher... 🤣

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
I might get flamed for this, but I think the old NSX is overrated and not worth what most dealers are asking. It's a beautiful car no doubt, but it doesn't seem that many people are willing to pay the outrageous asking price for one. The ones with super low miles and pristine condition sure, those are collector cars. But LMAO when I see ads with: auto, questionable mods/history, and 100k-150k with a price tag of $60k to $80k and higher... 🤣
I agree that some of them are priced a little high but at the same time people are selling MK4 Supra shells for 20k and RHD NAs are fetching $40k+. With that said I think a car is really only worth what someone is willing to pay.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
images.png

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
I agree that some of them are priced a little high but at the same time people are selling MK4 Supra shells for 20k and RHD NAs are fetching $40k+. With that said I think a car is really only worth what someone is willing to pay.
I would say the difference is the Supra actually sells lol. Using post #9 as an example, that one has just been sitting with the dealer taking off a grand each month. Yes sir, and to me, it's just not worth the asking price.