1st gen Acura NSX appeciation thread

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Not quite. There's a nasty big chip out of the front bumper, under the car's right hand lights, and had some other repairs. It also seems to have a non-standard hood.

Plus it's a silly automatic. :p
Needs to be auto if you wanna go fast

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ Nope. Even if the 0-60 times were in any way remotely relevant to anything, in most of these old cars, the automatic is far slower (depending on the competency of the manual's driver of course).

Itā€™s definitely slower
Unlike the quick-shifting automatic transmissions of today, the four-speed automatic in the NSX didnā€™t quite hit the mark in terms of keeping up with the manual-transmission iteration. According to Carindigo, the manual-transmission NSX could reach 60 mph in about 5.9 seconds. Not too shabby, however, with the automatic transmission, some have reported a 0 to 60 time of about 6.3 seconds. Thatā€™s pretty shabby.
MotorBiscuit.com
:p

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
Not quite. There's a nasty big chip out of the front bumper, under the car's right hand lights, and had some other repairs. It also seems to have a non-standard hood.

Plus it's a silly automatic. :p
Even autos have an asking price of $50k-$60k; with all the issues $30k is still cheap.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
with all the issues $30k is still cheap.
It's definitely cheap, but my point was that wasn't and still isn't "pristine" like the article says. :)

But it also is staff buying from the sales yard at employee rates. If it had gone on into public sale it certainly wouldn't have been priced at $30k, even with all the issues not fixed, so it is a little misleading.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
That guy got a sweet deal...

Personally, I have been wanting one of these for the longest time, but it's kind of hard to justify to the wife why we should dump $60k+ on a 30 year old car.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
love the nsx...it's one of 'the big 4' id love to own some day. it is tied for 3rd place on my list with the r32 gtr.

the mkiv being my favorite, followed by the fd rx7 which ive been very blessed to own 2 currently...