Sponsored

Search results

  1. Hands Up all the Aussies

    This is not correct at all as it is two different rating systems used between our two countries. In Australia we use the Research Octance Number rating (RON) which generally goes 91, 95 and 98 Octane. The US uses Anki-Knock Index rating (AKI) which generally goes 87, 91 93. 87 AKI = 91 RON 91...
  2. Hands Up all the Aussies

    I am not looking to buy a Supra I just feel that given my order for a Proto, the Supra feels like the better buy. If I do end up cancelling my order and say get the regular Z as it is better value for money I am still going to have to wait at least a year to get one anyway and the manual Supra...
  3. Hands Up all the Aussies

    That may be the case for the normal version but unfortunately I have an order for a Proto and to me personally the value proposition starts to slightly skew in favour of the Supra. The Supra will most likely be the better performing car of the 2. It is lighter, most likely has a better...
  4. Personalised Plates

    I have been looking at plates since late last year and when I looked "Z Proto" was already taken here in QLD. "Proto Z" was still available at that time but didn't get it for 2 reasons first was because it was not the right naming order for the car as Z Proto is the correct order and it would...
  5. Hands Up all the Aussies

    I didn't say the Proto will go up in value I said it has a chance to go up. I agree that being limited is not enough to make a car go up in value or be a classic, you could make a limited amount of anything that doesn't mean much or make it special. In my opinion mass produced classic cars...
  6. Hands Up all the Aussies

    So like many of you I also got a call from my dealer today which is the same dealer as jezzza and I am fairly sure the same salesperson. Anyway it was more of an update saying that pricing had been released and more information will follow in the near future. I was given an indicative price of...
  7. Hands Up all the Aussies

    That is a lot of cancellations for just one dealership if that is true. Demand could potentially drop significantly for the car if that is a on going trend as I think a lot of people were expecting it to land in the low to mid $70k's driveway when it is now in reality it is $80-90k. Putting...
  8. Ford Mustang thread

    Looks like the S650 Mustang is set for a reveal in April next year. https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2024-ford-mustang-set-for-reveal-next-april
  9. Hands Up all the Aussies

    Latest reports that have just come out point to a reveal next year in April. So the car should be available sometime in the second half of next year you would hope. https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2024-ford-mustang-set-for-reveal-next-april Which is all ther more reason to upgrade the...
  10. Hands Up all the Aussies

    It is also the engine itself that makes it not sound that great. A V6 isn't as characterful as a flat 6 or a straight 6 so generally doesn't sound as good as those engines. My current car has a B58 engine which is a straight 6 and is the same engine as what is in the Supra and even in stock...
  11. Hands Up all the Aussies

    This is exactly what I am struggling with! While the car is more expensive than I had hoped, all cars at the moment have gone up in price significantly and the secondhand market is still inflated so not like there are bargains to be found there. Also the other major factor that I have to...
  12. Hands Up all the Aussies

    I am a bit late to the party as it was a travel day for work so only now freed up. As we all believed the leaked pricing was correct which sucks for all of us. I am still deciding what I am going to do with my Proto order as it is more than I had hoped so potentially might cancel it and hold...
  13. Hands Up all the Aussies

    The Nismo exhaust looks to me to be more or less just an Axleback exhaust albeit with longer tubing but it doesn't look long enough to be a cat-back system. For the price I would go with a proper cat-back system from an aftermarket maker as I don't think the Nismo will offer that big a...
  14. Hands Up all the Aussies

    Mt Nebo can be our local cruise area provided I actually get the car ?
  15. Hands Up all the Aussies

    If these leaked prices are correct then I am not sure what to do about my Proto order as it is higher than I want it to be as $80k was my hard limit and it is over that without on road costs. It is hard to justify that much money for this car given that it is essentially a modernized 370Z. The...
  16. Hands Up all the Aussies

    Yes but if you believe FBD and his dealer contact than what LZ23 was told is not true. At the end of the day this is all rumours and until we actually get firm details like pricing for our respective markets than it is all speculation. Given the time Nissan announced the delay from Spring to...
  17. Hands Up all the Aussies

    Didn't Nissan Canada also update their website to reflect a Summer release instead of Spring? Even combined with New Zealand our numbers would be relatively nothing compared to the US and Japan and probably Canada too. Edit: Also if the timeframe is to be believed the cars would have to have...
  18. Hands Up all the Aussies

    I honestly believe that it is most likely that the dealers just haven't been updated and have been kept in the dark. Hell even Nissan Australia has probably been kept in the dark! We are such a small market relatively for this car that it is very possible that we have just been forgotten about...
  19. Hands Up all the Aussies

    @MattJ2020 , I was meant to write this in my earlier post but didn't have time as I was boarding a plane. Please don't take this as an attack as it is not meant to be, it is more curiosity as I am struggling to find the logic as to why you believed the cars we would get here would be...
  20. Hands Up all the Aussies

    There isn't a Euro spec as it is not being released in Europe at all. We will get whatever the Japanese get in terms of configuration minus the 9in display.



Top