INFINITI announces all-new 2017 Q60 Sports Coupe

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
https://usa.infinitinews.com/en-US/...ion-program-for-all-new-2017-q60-sports-coupe

July 28, 2016
  • Select models of the third-generation of INFINITI’s iconic sports coupe set to arrive in early September at INFINITI retailers nationwide
  • Pricing begins at $38,950 for Q60 2.0t rear-wheel drive model
  • Special INFINITI Q60 Reservation Program now available online at INFINITIUSA.com
  • Curated gifts for Reservation Program participants include GoPro® Hero4 Silver camera, Bose® SoundTouch® 20 Series III Wireless Music System, Rosewood Hotel one-night accommodation, Tumi Tegra-Lite® carry-on luggage and specially curated culinary experience
2017 INFINITI Q60 Sports Coupe Press Kit

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – INFINITI today announced pricing for select models of the all-new 2017 INFINITI Q60 sports coupe, which will begin arriving at INFINITI retailers nationwide in early September. The Q60 is offered in a range of grade levels, including all-new advanced turbocharged engines and rear-wheel and all-wheel drive configurations.

For buyers desiring to be among the first in line for the completely redesigned third-generation INFINITI sports coupe, a special Q60 Reservation Program is available at INFINITIUSA.com. Those who sign up for the program will not only be rewarded with their new Q60, but will receive their choice from a selection of gifts – including a GoPro® camera, Bose® music system and Tumi luggage.

"Like the new Q60 sports coupe, we've selected Reservation Program rewards that fit INFINITI owners' lifestyles," said Randy Parker, vice president, INFINITI Americas. "The real reward, of course, is the new Q60 with its next generation ride and handling technologies and the very latest INFINITI infotainment and driver assist systems."

About the 2017 INFINITI Q60
The all-new INFINITI Q60, a style leader since its original inception, offers a compelling combination of daring design and exhilarating performance and dynamics. The third-generation of INFINITI's renowned sports coupe is offered in a range of two-wheel and all-wheel drive configurations and powerplants – including the 3.0-liter V6 twin-turbo that it shares with the popular INFINITI Q50 sports sedan.

The INFINITI Q60 2.0t is powered by an advanced 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo engine, producing 208 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. Positioned as a key entry model to the premium sports coupe segment, the 2.0t provides rich feature content and undeniable style. Notable standard features include 19-inch wheels, LED headlights, Flexible Stop Position doors, 8-way powered high backed bolstered sport seats, contrast stitched dashboard and door panels, Bluetooth® hands-free phone system with streaming audio, and RearView Monitor. The Q60 2.0t Premium grade adds power sliding/tilting moonroof, Bose® Performance Series Audio plus seven speakers (13 total) and more.

The INFINITI Q60 3.0t Premium features the standard content of the Q60 2.0t Premium but is powered by the all-new VR-series 3.0 liter V6 twin-turbo engine. Positioned as the core volume trim, the 3.0t offers superior V6 performance to comparably priced 4-cylinder competitors.

The new, exclusive VR-series 3.0-liter V6 twin-turbo engine is available in two states of tune – 300 horsepower in the Q60 3.0t Premium and 400 horsepower in the upcoming Q60 Red Sport 400 – and is a more than worthy successor to the renowned, highly awarded "VQ-series" V6 that has been a mainstay of INFINITI performance models for many years. Both of the new VR-series engines have been developed to provide an ideal mix of drivability, efficiency and performance. Around 85 percent of the parts utilized in the VR-series V6 are different from those used in the previous VQ-series V6.

For full pricing and product information on the full 2017 INFINITI lineup, please go to INFINITINews.com.

ef5a0a99d6eceacb38f07d4d1fc1d69de39e6212-scaled.jpg

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
Been reading about it the last two days. I surely like it and the direction they want to go. But need to study up more on this technology. Surely the price point would be near an M4. But they don't need to get to carried away.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
AMS performance and Infiniti to make factory Alpha Q50/Q60

https://www.amsperformance.com/infiniti-q60-red-alpha

Saw this little piece of news today. Ams and inifinti are partnering up to make alpha Q cars from factory. This is huge. Just imagine their experience making some of the most powerful VR38 engines filtering down to the similar VR30 engine. The possibilities are very exciting. Can't wait to see what happens and what aftermarket monster hp parts come out of this deal as well.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I love this motor. I like where it's going. But the car itself is just not what I'm looking for.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I love this motor. I like where it's going. But the car itself is just not what I'm looking for.
Yes but look at it this way it's most likely the same engine going in the new Z right. Then all these fun performance parts will be ready to go and tested when the Z arrives. It's a win win lol

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
Yes but look at it this way it's most likely the same engine going in the new Z right. Then all these fun performance parts will be ready to go and tested when the Z arrives. It's a win win lol
I agree. IF there's going to be a Z now. I know what they said maybe it's not a priority but maybe it will still happen.

Robert

Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Nissan 370Z, 2011 Nissan Sentra S
I agree. IF there's going to be a Z now. I know what they said maybe it's not a priority but maybe it will still happen.
I'd take what the head of sales in the US said with a grain of salt. I still anticipate a reveal in the fall.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
:(

Remember The Infiniti Q60 Project Black S With F1 Tech? It's Dead Now

https://www.motor1.com/news/491658/infiniti-q60-project-black-dead/

The company's priorities shifted away from building a niche performance coupe.
A lot has happened in the world since 2017, so we can't blame anyone for forgetting about the Infiniti Q60 Project Black S concept. It boasted 563 horsepower (420 kilowatts) and was supposed to make use of Formula One powertrain tech. However, the company has officially canceled the undertaking, according to Automotive News.

"The concept continues to inspire us," Infiniti spokesperson Kyle Bazemore told Automotive News. The Project Black S is never seeing production, though.

Former Infiniti boss Roland Krueger was reportedly the person spearheading the Q60 Project Black S concept within the company. However, when he left to take over Dyson's automotive development, the program died with no one else to push it onto the market.

The Q60 Project Black S used a twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 with three motor-generator units for energy recovery and a 4.4 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery for storing the power. In total, this setup was good for 563 hp (420 kW) and 350 pound-feet (475 Newton-meters) of torque. It was able to reach 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in under four seconds, the company estimated. The automaker completed two fully running prototypes for testing this powertrain.

As of August 2019, Infiniti's decision-makers were making the final choice about whether to put the Project Black S into production. Clearly, they gave it the thumbs down.

Dealers aren't broken-hearted about losing the Project Black S. "I would much rather see something like the QX60 [crossover]. That's a volume vehicle, that's where this company needs to go," Ed Lennon, the Infiniti National Dealer Advisory Board chairman, told Automotive News.

Under Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi's new strategy, Infiniti is focusing on appealing to the United States and China. This plan might include not replacing any of its rear-drive coupes and sedans when they reach the end of their lifetimes. More crossovers are likely on the way.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Drive has a review up today of the Q60 Red Sport, and it's full of praise for that engine the new Z should be getting. The reviewer piled on the plaudits for its performance and especially its sound as it revs to 7k - very promising. He also had very positive things to say about the car's handling chops.

The Q60 minus all the bad stuff—is real. In fact, it's going to start hitting dealership lots soon. It's the new Z.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
He hit the nail on the head.

Z35 = Z34 with a RedSport Motor.