• Total voters

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Are you going to buy your Z new or wait awhile for a used one to pop up?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
new is the plan unless dealer mark-ups are insane. i may be willing to pay a little more depending on how the test drive goes...

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
Going new this time. I've only had 1 other new car previously and that was way back in 2004 when I got my first job out of college.

I love my 370z (it's been my dream car for a while) but over the past year it's been one issue after another including a new transmission 6 months ago. Bought it used with only 11K miles on it and a "clean" Car Fax. Later found out it was in an accident. Ready for an upgrade that will be reliable and under warranty.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I would buy new during the beginning of 2023.
that would be the smart move.

i need to quit looking at ebay, auto trader and craigslist or i'll end up with something else.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
that would be the smart move.

i need to quit looking at ebay, auto trader and craigslist or i'll end up with something else.
Same i gotta stop looking or the Z has to hurry up and come out before i end up with something else accidentally

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I wouldn't buy used unless it's stock and years down the road. I use to sell Nissans and end of the model year or beginning of the year is the time to buy. I bought the cheapest 10r80 5.0 in the country last January. Hellcats and ZL1s we're under $55k during that time.

When negotiation threads pop up I will be there. Go with a pre approval, idea of credit score, and always ask for more if you trade in. I wouldn't buy shit once in the box either they we're once salesman and their job is to sell you gap, extended warranty, and maintenance packages. As for GAP just keep in mind I totaled a 03 G37 with 150k two years ago. Liability from All State got me $4,500 cash which is almost what the car cost after T, T, and L the year before. Check your insurance coverage to see if gap is worth it to you in the event of a loss.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
New at MSRP only for me. My preference is waiting for late 2022. Better deal on the 2022s and also gives me the knowledge of the 2023 colors. Also used car prices are a joke right now. I don’t know how long it will take to correct. As they correct though, so will the value of my car that I want to sell to get the Z. That car is probably $7k inflated at the moment based on my carvana offer last week. Covers some of that depreciation moving forward so long as I don’t waste it all paying above MSRP.