Hands Up all the Aussies

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Either dealers are overpromising again or there's fuckary afoot. I've recently been advised an April 2023 delivery for my early 2021 order.
+1 for fuckery. Btw, best movie ever šŸ˜

Wish we could hear @West Aussie 's take on this right now.
Just rage. Pure unadulterated rage. Though she'd still be standing by in the holding pattern like the rest of us mugs šŸ˜…

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Mid march this year
Good luck to you
For the rest of us it makes no sense on how Nissan is allocating.
Perhaps yours was a cancelled order.
Yes westaussie must be fuming if she is still reading these posts

Zywoov2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Good luck to you
For the rest of us it makes no sense on how Nissan is allocating.
Perhaps yours was a cancelled order.
Yes westaussie must be fuming if she is still reading these posts
I donā€™t think my order was cancelled, the dealer said the guy originally getting the proto got injured at work so was unable to finance. So heā€™s contacted me and is apparently asking Nissan Australia if he is able to sell it to me.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I donā€™t think my order was cancelled, the dealer said the guy originally getting the proto got injured at work so was unable to finance. So heā€™s contacted me and is apparently asking Nissan Australia if he is able to sell it to me.
@peter suggests that the proto was the result of a canned order (which it 100% sounds like), not your personal order.

I'm happy for you, but fucking jesus, can Nissan not actively try and piss off all us lot!? Seems like they just fucking with us now.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Of course she's watching! Come back @West Aussie! No anger or frustration here was ever intentionally directed at you, we're all on the same team. We miss you. šŸ¤—
I'm not missing her rehashing her order every few pages, but I'd still rather her active than not šŸ˜‡

Her posts had a hard edge made sharp from countless dealer scalps whom she chewed up and spit out. Hearing about her bearing down on whichever helpless soul was next presented to her as a point of contact was hilarious.

So yeah, come back @West Aussie šŸ™

Reactions: Mud

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
I'm happy for you, but fucking jesus, can Nissan not actively try and piss off all us lot!? Seems like they just fucking with us now.
As much as I'd like this car, I am questioning if this company is deserving of my hard earned money. Very much on the fence right now.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
As much as I'd like this car, I am questioning if this company is deserving of my hard earned money. Very much on the fence right now.
Completely understandable, I reckon. The sentimentality and nostalgia for the brand and line of vehicles has all but evaporated and a person is truly left wondering what the fuck am I doing giving my coins to this circus.

Tell you what, at least maccas only has one clown, Nissan seems to have one in just about every position.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well, a lady likes to be wooedā€¦.so here I am
@Ballast Scorcher texts were just too hard to not respond too.
Although in all honesty I really havenā€™t been checking in much as the new job is keeping me super busy.

Firstly ā€¦you would think given I've been accused of ā€œrehashing her order every few pagesā€
You would remember that I did not order a Proto, as such im not overly enraged because I never got told no, only to find my exact spec being given elsewhere . But yes, if I was @cainen, I wouldnā€™t just be furious ā€¦I would be fuming

To me it makes little sense unless
A..a dealer ordered a Proto for themselves, but have decided to on sell which means it didnā€™t get redistributed or
B..this particular car has been made and the VIN is already in the hands of the dealer, meaning it belongs to them.

Otherwise, as per others that were passed in, it should have been offered to the person next on the list

As I said, my dealer had an email from head office to say that there was a transmission issue, and shipping would not start till December, so for now I havenā€™t bugged her
But I will be back on the phone on the 1st of Dec

If there is no sign of shipping in Dec, we are going on a holiday over Xmas New Year, and I have my eye on a car in NSWā€¦.no news, and the other car still there would be a sign I think.
Particularly if itā€™s in good shape

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Given youā€™re getting a manual, I can see a different car in your immediate future. TBH, first of any model typically can come with flaws, and I usually avoid them. Emotion was overriding the head, plus wasnā€™t sure they would build a Nismo variant initially. Someone is gambling that existing owners, the few that there are, are going to void warranty with mods or live with what ever happens. šŸ˜Š

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
so when nissan posted up that the first year had sold out is when I put down my deposit.

now I'm curious if I will get a MY23 or MY24

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
But yes, if I was @cainen, I wouldnā€™t just be furious ā€¦I would be fuming
Feeling a bit indifferent to be honest. Like others, the hype has well worn off. I already have a deposit down on a Dark Horse (placed it on the first day it was announced so surely I'm near the front of the queue). I had been thinking I would take delivery of the Z and see how I like it but now the gap between delivery of the Z and Dark Horse is closing everyday. This and the botched release and mixed reviews is leaving me inclined to cancel my order but I'll make a decision in the next few weeks.