Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Surely something as serious as that would have leaked out from somewhere else by now...?

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
The only mention of cars getting crushed that I can find is that the early pre production models are to be crushed.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I’ll admit I’ve heard of dealers mumbling similar things about production destruction. Sounds ludicrous to me.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
no cars in 2023?
that $145k Proto is looking pretty good now :)

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
no cars in 2023?
that $145k Proto is looking pretty good now :)
till it's recalled and crushed.....

Kidding
for them to be crushing, thre would ahve to be a issue with the shell itself, everything else is fixable.

and that would mean cars on the road would be an issue.

so I would be very very surprised if this is true

(excluding preproduction cars and yes they must be destroyed)

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
That's right. And other markets still seem to be taking delivery of (some) Z's?
I'm not certain that they are.. When did we last see a photo of Zs on a car transporter or at the docks?

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
till it's recalled and crushed.....

Kidding
for them to be crushing, thre would ahve to be a issue with the shell itself, everything else is fixable.

and that would mean cars on the road would be an issue.

so I would be very very surprised if this is true

(excluding preproduction cars and yes they must be destroyed)
Mainly I've heard of cars getting crushed, when brought into a country illegally, specifically due to not meeting emissions/safety regulations. For example, people were importing later model Land Rover Defenders (the older D90 variety), which didn't meet emissions requirements for the year in question, but weren't yet old enough to be exempt. Not sure why that would be an issue with the new Z though, or at least seems it should be fixable.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I'm not certain that they are.. When did we last see a photo of Zs on a car transporter or at the docks?
Nissan USA showing ~30 across the entire country, I feel like that number has remained pretty consistent since arrivals "kicked off". A mix of Proto, Sport and Performance, but heavily 9AT. Really surprised to not see any Blues, too, especially given how hard they were showing off that color.

I also haven't heard from any of the countless dealerships I've contacted over the...years, and I feel like they'd be chomping at the bit to reach out to leads if they had them on their lots.

Thought for a moment it might be helpful to try and get Dan Passe back on the boards, but he hasn't been active since Oct 5 and I can't imagine he'd be able to comment publicly anyway.

If anything, know y'all aren't alone down there. This is a worldwide mess. Someone ground me if I'm being a bit dramatic, but I'm racking brain and can't think of a better example - might honestly go down as one of the worst launches in auto history? Keeping the new Bronco company at least, that's for sure.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Nissan USA showing ~30 across the entire country, I feel like that number has remained pretty consistent since arrivals "kicked off". A mix of Proto, Sport and Performance, but heavily 9AT. Really surprised to not see any Blues, too, especially given how hard they were showing off that color.

I also haven't heard from any of the countless dealerships I've contacted over the...years, and I feel like they'd be chomping at the bit to reach out to leads if they had them on their lots.

Thought for a moment it might be helpful to try and get Dan Passe back on the boards, but he hasn't been active since Oct 5 and I can't imagine he'd be able to comment publicly anyway.

If anything, know y'all aren't alone down there. This is a worldwide mess. Someone ground me if I'm being a bit dramatic, but I'm racking brain and can't think of a better example - might honestly go down as one of the worst launches in auto history? Keeping the new Bronco company at least, that's for sure.
I would say Cybertruck is worse it's gone from announced in 2019 with deliveries 2021 to mid 2023 best case.

Z proto was announced 2020Z launced 2021 with deliveries 2022
and honestly there are "some" deliveries.

now they jsut need to work out what is happening and roll the F%^ker out

now the big one, lets say they did ahve to recall those that are delivered and repalce them, what happens to those folk that have modified theirs..

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
I can't comment about whether the cars manufactured to date at the factory have been crushed. But what i can say is having worked for Jag back in the UK in 2000, it is true all development cars at that time are crushed. That is standard practice. If production cars were identified with faults, they were either recalled for rectification work, or during routine servicing the cars were rectified - again so long as it was not safety related.
If cars were being crushed that were part of the production run (due to safety issues identified), then the cars released would also be recalled.
Its highly unlikely that the cars already sold would not be recalled if there were an issue that impacted safety.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
What's with all the Kiwis getting VINs, shipping info and delivery dates !

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
What's with all the Kiwis getting VINs, shipping info and delivery dates !
That's a very good question. Some of these orders were placed this year!

It appears that Nissan NZ isn't prioritising the dealership demos.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Emails unanswered, a call was made.

Surprise, surprise, the old sales manager had left and a new one had taken his place and of course, no emails were sent out directing existing clients towards the new point of contact. This is the 3rd dude now for me, and I know I'm not alone in having multiple points of contact over the course of this preorder.

Man, this shit is just relentless. The sheer lack of professionalism is breathtaking.

Anyhow, I finally got that email from Nissan Au that was due to me back in early October.

New forecast is January.

When i queried the vehicles being crushed, of course he had no idea. Time will tell.

I will remain positive about the new date, but I'll be damned if I let this drag on forever more.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Emails unanswered, a call was made.

Surprise, surprise, the old sales manager had left and a new one had taken his place and of course, no emails were sent out directing existing clients towards the new point of contact. This is the 3rd dude now for me, and I know I'm not alone in having multiple points of contact over the course of this preorder.

Man, this shit is just relentless. The sheer lack of professionalism is breathtaking.

Anyhow, I finally got that email from Nissan Au that was due to me back in early October.

New forecast is January.

When i queried the vehicles being crushed, of course he had no idea. Time will tell.

I will remain positive about the new date, but I'll be damned if I let this drag on forever more.
Dang, I recall last summer (winter in AU) your dealer reaching out about a Proto, and idea of possible Aug delivery? Now delivery is pushed half year later to 2023. :(

At this rate, here in the USA it could be 2024, before a Z is available at non-inflated prices.