OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well today I attempted to contact Nissans headquarters
But everyone was busy …surprise surprise
A did however get a call back and apparently have had a case manager assigned to look into the order.
Look I don’t think it will do anything, but at the very least I would like to make Nissan Australia accountable for updates and get some real answers as to realistically how much longer the wait is …and why as paying customers we were not contacted directly about the extended delays
I took great care to exonerate my dealer as she has done her very best to help…she simply has no information

If they surprise me with any real info, I’ll keep you updated

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
1664843989660.png

🤣

Oh and in other news - booked in for PPF and tinting on Monday next week.
The place I'm going to (Eagle Farm) is going to take measurements for templates, so anyone looking for Rayno (discussed earlier), this could save some time/money for you.
What part of the car are you getting the PPF on, just the front high impact areas or more

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
The place I'm going to (Eagle Farm) is going to take measurements for templates, so anyone looking for Rayno (discussed earlier), this could save some time/money for you.
Excellent! I assume you've researched the product and shop so that'll save me many hours obsessing over decisions.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
What part of the car are you getting the PPF on, just the front high impact areas or more
Plan is to get it all over. I've done front bar before, but the black roof and rear boot lid section is worrying me... so just getting the lot done.

Also getting its coated so that it's hydrophobic.

Reactions: Mud

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Excellent! I assume you've researched the product and shop so that'll save me many hours obsessing over decisions.
I've researched the tint and ceramic coating extensively.
I actually love Rayno window films - have used S7 and S9 in the past, and they are just awesome. Had the opportunity to see them side by side with both untinted and cheap tinted cars, and the heat difference was huge.

I used a place at East Brisbane for that previously, but their ceramic coating is Opticoat... it's not terrible, but I am a huge fan of Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra (the 10H version), and this place at Eagle Farm does both the coat and tint I want. :)

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I went back and had another poke around at a demo last Saturday.
new observations in bold
  • Seats are very similar but feel firmer perhaps cause newer.
  • Road noise is much reduced from the rear. 370z has a lot of rear tyre/road noise that comes through the hatch area. Greatly reduced in the new Z.
  • New electric steering is much lighter than the hydraulic steering of the 370z.
  • Feels bigger inside than the 370z.
  • Looks bigger on the outside than the 370z.
  • Realistically it's prob the same size in and out.
  • The digital display seems angled toward you (closer at the top) which is off-putting at first.
  • Boot seems the same size
  • 8" screen is fine. Not amazing but it'll do. Seems weird with the blank black space on either side though.
  • Has Digital Radio
  • The 370z is sleek sexy and feminine, the new Z is masculine and tough and wide
  • As you look out the windscreen the 370z has beautiful curves to the left and right of the bonnet. The new Z has a meaty bulge in the middle.
  • Exhaust is nice sounding when you put your foot down and super quiet otherwise, I like it.
  • New 2nd cupholder is even more useless than the existing one.
  • Rear hatch seems heavier harder to open than 370z but is fine
  • Much smoother ride than the 370z. Though my 370z had 18s vs 19s on new Z
  • front number plate holder doesn't seem attached very well. Seems attached at top behind plate but only resting on the grill in other spots. I'll prob just remove and attach plate straight to the grill now
  • no rear wiper seems odd to me
  • head light controls don't appear to have an off function
    • 370Z goes, Off - Auto - Parkers - Headlights
    • Z goes, Auto - Parkers - Headlights
    • assuming this is normal now on vehicles because DRL
  • My 370z has 2 boot mats, standard which is very thin, and the premium which is very thick and collects a lot off fluff and shit. The new Z boot mat is somewhere in between and looks like it will not trap as much crud
  • Boot still has the 4 tie down rings at each corner. I have a 30x40cm helmet net hooked onto mine. Got it from ebay, cost about $5 and have another for my new Z. Don't get fooled into buying anything expensive
  • Z floor mats look a bit cheap. the Z logo is plastic and looks cheap (370z has an embroided logo)
  • No spare tyre, not even a space saver. Has a can of "Continental" fix a flat
  • Steering wheel is round, and doesn't have the corners that the 370z wheel has. New Z has better adjustability.

Last edited:

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
The no-rear-windscreen-wiper thing is something I hadn't thought of...
I've not owned a 2 seater like this, so will be interesting to see how it goes. I use RainX pretty religiously, so hopefully that'll do the trick on the back.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
The no-rear-windscreen-wiper thing is something I hadn't thought of...
I've not owned a 2 seater like this, so will be interesting to see how it goes. I use RainX pretty religiously, so hopefully that'll do the trick on the back.
Prob not a huge deal.
It is a huge rear window, but because of the angle the viewing area is quite small.
It would've been nice to have, but I guess it saves them a kilogram and a few bucks
1664922354325.png

Thinking about it more, I don't think much (any) rain hits the rear window on my 370z while driving due to airflow/aerodynamics. I think it only gets rain on it when stopped

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I noticed that the rear wiper disappeared from the 370z towards the end of its sales,also the headlight washers

• Wow

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Prob not a huge deal.
It is a huge rear window, but because of the angle the viewing area is quite small.
It would've been nice to have, but I guess it saves them a kilogram and a few bucks
1664922354325.png

Thinking about it more, I don't think much (any) rain hits the rear window on my 370z while driving due to airflow/aerodynamics. I think it only gets rain on it when stopped
Agree I only used the rear wiper a few times when I had my 370z

Does the new Z have a rear fog light built into one of the rear tail lights

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Does the new Z have a rear fog light built into one of the rear tail lights
I didnt check, but manual says this -
1664924985013.png

edit: looks like these are reverse lights and reflectors (maybe one reverse light is a fog light here)
1664926150844.png

1664925173022.png

1664926027574.png

Last edited:

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Touchdown!
1664950468783.png

Just went to drop plates off to my dealership, and they surprised me by having the car all ready to go!
Actually they surprised me by having it tinted and interior protection package for me, lol, so I think I've gotta make another call to my detailer!

Gonna officially pick her up tomorrow after some work commitments, and doesn't look like it'll be in the detailers for as long now, so if anyone in Brissy wants to see a yellow one in person tomorrow morning might be the best bet...

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I just drove by and saw them in the window at about 4:10.
Yep :)

There will (probably) only be one in the window from about midday tomorrow (Thursday 6th October).

I also found out that this dealership has one more coming in the new year, their demo is still about a month away, and the total number of protos in AU will be between 150-170. They think there is around 165, but Nissan Australia haven't told them a single exact number (they asked for another customer).
I didn't seen any certificate/plaque (thing) with it, but that could come when I take it home. Dunno *shrug*.