Taking my deposit back. Thank you everyone!

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
It's been awesome getting to know the Z community and hopefully one day I'll get to be a true member of it, but for now I have to say goodbye. I've been waiting for my Z since March and with zero progress since then I gotta pull the plug on this. No VINs, no timeframe, MSRP expected to be increased, Nissan hoping to land a loan for no less than 7%, mixed reviews, winter is coming, etc. With all these red flags I'm surprised I even stuck around for this long.

What will I be getting? Just had the absolute pleasure of driving a 2019 BMW 440i with a manual and the infamous B58 engine. Stole my heart. Only has around 38k km on it and is in pristine condition. The price is great too so I'll be pocketing the difference and saving it for mods instead. So yea, I won't be leaving my BMW family after all. Just upgrading.

To everyone who will be waiting for their Zs, I wish you great patience. I'm sure it will be an amazing car to drive. :cool:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It's been awesome getting to know the Z community and hopefully one day I'll get to be a true member of it, but for now I have to say goodbye. I've been waiting for my Z since March and with zero progress since then I gotta pull the plug on this. No VINs, no timeframe, MSRP expected to be increased, Nissan hoping to land a loan for no less than 7%, mixed reviews, winter is coming, etc. With all these red flags I'm surprised I even stuck around for this long.

What will I be getting? Just had the absolute pleasure of driving a 2019 BMW 440i with a manual and the infamous B58 engine. Stole my heart. Only has around 38k km on it and is in pristine condition. The price is great too so I'll be pocketing the difference and saving it for mods instead. So yea, I won't be leaving my BMW family after all. Just upgrading.

To everyone who will be waiting for their Zs, I wish you great patience. I'm sure it will be an amazing car to drive. :cool:
Donā€™t blame you at all, Nissan has stuffed up and are losing sales everyday.
Congratulations and enjoy your new ride

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Donā€™t blame you at all, Nissan has stuffed up and are losing sales everyday.
Congratulations and enjoy your new ride
Thank you. It's unfortunate because the Z was my number one pick. Can't wait to see it on the roads. Good luck to you my friend.

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats. The F gen 440i is a much better looking car than the current gen. G gen does get the updated B58 but no manual option as of now. You made a good choice. Hope you enjoy it!
yep, I've had my time with a G gen BMW. Currently parting ways with my 2020 G20 330i. I still think its one hell of a car, especially for comfort and tech, but the driving dynamics and the exhaust of the 440i won me over right away.

Listen to this!

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Congrats!!

I'm close to being in the same boat as you! I've been thinking about getting into a F87 M2 Comp recently.

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats!!

I'm close to being in the same boat as you! I've been thinking about getting into a F87 M2 Comp recently.
Would loooooove an M2C but where I'm at the prices don't seem to drop on those at all lol. And rightfully so. Its a perfect M car.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Would loooooove an M2C but where I'm at the prices don't seem to drop on those at all lol. And rightfully so. Its a perfect M car.
Yea I just checked into them yesterday after watching some videos of Daily Downshift and was surprised with the prices..lowest I see in the US for 6MT M2C is $60k..lol..10k more then what Im comfortable spending...considering those cars also need the crank hub fixed and need a $4k exhaust plus some other mods, you're looking at $70k before even thinking about having a fun daily/track car....:/...

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea I just checked into them yesterday after watching some videos of Daily Downshift and was surprised with the prices..lowest I see in the US for 6MT M2C is $60k..lol..10k more then what Im comfortable spending...considering those cars also need the crank hub fixed and need a $4k exhaust plus some other mods, you're looking at $70k before even thinking about having a fun daily/track car....:/...
Exactly. Its over 75k CAD for a well kept M2C MT here as well.

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
I'm getting closer to this point every day. It's like Nissan doesn't want our money lol. The dealers are all like "we have no new info on this car, can we get you into any other models?"

Like yeah I'm in the market for a 6MT twin turbo two seater, but since it's not available let me get your finest Nissan Leaf :rolleyes:

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
congrats on the new car. iā€™m starting to lean towards a zupra or m240i. the z still doesnā€™t even feel like a real car
I'd go for the Supra if not the AT. The manual is one of the key elements I don't want to compromise. Since Toyota dealers told me "You can put money down, but there is zero guarantee you'll even get a car let alone within a reasonable timeframe" I decided not to go through the same hell all over again.
But if you think about it I kinda got a Supra that refuses to wear a Toyota skin lool. It is a B58 coupe with an iDrive 6 infotainment. šŸ¤£ Of course its rear-wheel-biased AWD vs true RWD but as a Canadian, I'm starting to look at it as a positive.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'd go for the Supra if not the AT. The manual is one of the key elements I don't want to compromise. Since Toyota dealers told me "You can put money down, but there is zero guarantee you'll even get a car let alone within a reasonable timeframe" I decided not to go through the same hell all over again.
But if you think about it I kinda got a Supra that refuses to wear a Toyota skin lool. It is a B58 coupe with an iDrive 6 infotainment. šŸ¤£ Of course its rear-wheel-biased AWD vs true RWD but as a Canadian, I'm starting to look at it as a positive.
Freaking sweet choice! AWD and 6MT? Hate to say it, begrudgingly I must admit, living in the PNW, that's definitely something I'd love to own.

I have an AWD Q60, been second guessing my desire to get a Z, because PNW weather is not conducive to 2WD fun for more than half the year....

I went down to my local Toyota dealer to get "on a list" for the GR Corolla, and I asked them what about a Supra 6MT as a backup choice? They felt like that was going to be unobtainable at MSRP.....

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Freaking sweet choice! AWD and 6MT? Hate to say it, begrudgingly I must admit, living in the PNW, that's definitely something I'd love to own.

I have an AWD Q60, been second guessing my desire to get a Z, because PNW weather is not conducive to 2WD fun for more than half the year....

I went down to my local Toyota dealer to get "on a list" for the GR Corolla, and I asked them what about a Supra 6MT as a backup choice? They felt like that was going to be unobtainable at MSRP.....
Can't wait to pick her up. Estoril Blue Metallic exterior with Red leather inside. šŸ˜ A set of matte black rims and we are good to go.

118486571.jpg

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Can't wait to pick her up. Estoril Blue Metallic exterior with Red leather inside. šŸ˜ A set of matte black rims and we are good to go.

118486571.jpg
Would the 2016 model be the same car?
My friend leased one, AWD automatic coupe, 3 year lease, dead nuts reliable. Not a single glitch. Meanwhile, my 2016 GTI was constantly in the shop!

Perfect color too, love it! (Maybe I can add this to my list, now that I know 6MT was an option.....)