The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I like it..but it’s just too darn big for me
Have you driven one? My initial thoughts, but once I test drove the current S550, the controls feel light - steering, pedals, etc. - shrinks the perception. Sold me. Still true the long hood looks massive looking out. Mustang interior is much tighter than a Camaro's which feel wider.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Have you driven one? My initial thoughts, but once I test drove the current S550, the controls feel light - steering, pedals, etc. - shrinks the perception. Sold me. Still true the long hood looks massive looking out. Mustang interior is much tighter than a Camaro's which feel wider.
It’s physically too big for me. It’s longer than our Honda CRV 4wDrive and it won’t even fit in our garage.
Practically speaking it’s just too big for me. It’s more muscle than sport car to me …not saying it doesn’t drive like a sports car, but it doesn’t look like one

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-manifold/2022-10-06/

Ford Mustang Supercar breaks cover
Intake: It may have required a trip halfway around the world to see it, but here’s the seventh-generation Mustang Supercar in the flesh. It’ll be racing this weekend at the Bathurst 1000 at Mount Panorama in Australia in what’s now called the Repco Supercars Championship, formerly known as the Australian V-8 Supercar Championship. The car, which closely resembles the GT3 and GT4 Mustangs that will be racing in the states in the IMSA and SRO series, “is more closely aligned with its road-going brethren than ever before, including being powered by a 5.4-liter 600+horsepower Ford Coyote V-8 production-based engine,” Ford says. The engine is mated to an Xtrac six-speed transaxle. The car uses a three-piece spaceframe with removable front and rear sections.

Exhaust: Get used to seeing these track-ready 2024 Mustangs in racing guise, starting on the Rolex 24 at Daytona weekend in January, where they’re expected to compete first in the IMSA Michelin pilot Challenge on January 28. “The reveal of the Mustang Supercar is the first of many, with Mustang to race in GT3, GT4, NASCAR and NHRA competition globally,” said Mark Rushbrook, global director of Ford Motorsports. “Mustang has been an iconic brand on and off the track for 58 years and its legend will continue around the world. We always say Mustang was born to race, and that is more true today than ever.”—Steven Cole Smith

1665093891860.png

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Completely encrypted electrical architecture.
Seems innocent enough, yah? Only tuners who are provided license keys will be able to mod the car. That's not a big deal.

The big deal is the fully encrypted electrical architecture. That means everything is encrypted. Stereo, door modules, BCM, dash, headlights, taillights, driver assist modules.
Whoever attempts to repair the car will need licensed software when replacing a defective module. Not a problem at a Ford dealership.
Big problem when the car is being taken to an independent shop for repairs. If that shop doesn't have Ford approved software keys, then they can't replace defective modules. This has been slowing expanding since the mid 2000's. Encryption is a big deal. Better hope we get some very good "right to repair" laws enacted!