Not open for further replies.

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Hey Dan will Nissan do or say anything about dealers that are planning huge ridiculous markups?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Hey Dan will Nissan do or say anything about dealers that are planning huge ridiculous markups?
been over a month since this question was asked, and after seeing what some dealers are listing the proto for...im guessing the answer is no.

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
been over a month since this question was asked, and after seeing what some dealers are listing the proto for...im guessing the answer is no.
Apologies for the delay - it's been a heck of a summer. In the end, it's the selling dealer that determines the final price of the vehicle.

Our official statement:
As Nissan invests in our future together, we are focused on delivering strong customer satisfaction. Our Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) are determined after extensive research to provide the right value proposition for the customer, however the final price of a vehicle is determined by the selling dealer. We expect dealers to be transparent with customers regarding pricing, which will help to increase loyalty for future purchases and service

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
No. It's already been confirmed that's it's a Bridgestone tire. Nissan ain't gonna change that for some reason.
The Bridgestone Potenza S007 does come standard on the Performance grade Z cars. It provides a great combination for a daily driven vehicle. Obviously owners can make their own choice to retrofit tires for their purposes and we do think that many will do that (very common on Z from the beginning). If you want to see how a Z will do on different tires, please check out SavageGeese's YouTube channel where they compare Z with Supra.

Thank you!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Apologies for the delay - it's been a heck of a summer. In the end, it's the selling dealer that determines the final price of the vehicle.

Our official statement:
As Nissan invests in our future together, we are focused on delivering strong customer satisfaction. Our Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) are determined after extensive research to provide the right value proposition for the customer, however the final price of a vehicle is determined by the selling dealer. We expect dealers to be transparent with customers regarding pricing, which will help to increase loyalty for future purchases and service
“Transparent” is not advertising for one price, and then telling people it will be an extra 30k for delivery fee once they get them into the dealership. In my opinion, they are hurting the brand's name.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

Our official statement:
Those statements are oxymorons. We've heard of the crazy markups already. How will that help customer satisfaction? The least Nissan corporate can do is put a ceiling on markups, you know customers will be soured by dealer relations after these shenanigans. It does not help the dealership model at all!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

Our official statement:
Nissan is doing absolutely zero about the out of control dealers. Because Nissan obviously feels it has no control. To be fair, every legacy auto brand is dealing with out of control dealerships. I understand there's legal limitations.

But, I have to think Nissan could do something. Like allow people to order from factory. If the dealership model doesn't allow bypassing dealers, then hit them with lower allotments.

All dealerships I've been to in my area have been ridiculously overcharging, and auto brands just seem to be standing by, saying "our hands are tied" and "we ask the dealers to be clear with the customers" .

You can bet we'll remember this.

Don't forget that there's hungry upstarts looking to take your lunch. Tesla, Rivian and Lucid don't do this to their customers. Currently, they can't roll over legacy manufacturers, yet. But they are poised to do it eventually.

If we are all forced to buy expensive BEVs in the future, I damn sure won't be buying from a brand that still uses shady salespeople. If I'm forced to BEV, I'll be using the direct purchase choices.

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Nissan is doing absolutely zero about the out of control dealers. Because Nissan obviously feels it has no control. To be fair, every legacy auto brand is dealing with out of control dealerships. I understand there's legal limitations.

But, I have to think Nissan could do something. Like allow people to order from factory. If the dealership model doesn't allow bypassing dealers, then hit them with lower allotments.

All dealerships I've been to in my area have been ridiculously overcharging, and auto brands just seem to be standing by, saying "our hands are tied" and "we ask the dealers to be clear with the customers" .

You can bet we'll remember this.

Don't forget that there's hungry upstarts looking to take your lunch. Tesla, Rivian and Lucid don't do this to their customers. Currently, they can't roll over legacy manufacturers, yet. But they are poised to do it eventually.

If we are all forced to buy expensive BEVs in the future, I damn sure won't be buying from a brand that still uses shady salespeople. If I'm forced to BEV, I'll be using the direct purchase choices.
Understood. This is very much outside of my department.

Status
Not open for further replies.