Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Did you get offered a performance as you missed out on the proto
Yes, I'm down for a yellow coupe but no idea if I'll actually get allocated one in the first batch.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Iā€™m interested in how liberal Nissan dealerships are with test drives.. A few laps around the block wonā€™t reveal much while a few hours or even keeping the car overnight helps. Audi and Mercedes often encourage the latter.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Iā€™m interested in how liberal Nissan Dealerships are with test drives.. A few laps around the block wonā€™t reveal much while a few hours or even keeping the car overnight helps. Audi and Mercedes often encourage the latter.
Back when they expected demos in June/July I was told a 20 km test drive would be allowed

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I get all this, but let's ditch the demo cars for a minute. Any punter off the street who wants one after driving it will have to wait until the end of time to get one anyhow, so how about just delivering the cars to people like us whom have had real money down for some time. That should be the focus.

After all, we've waited long enough.

Heh, maybe it's just frustration talking.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
With all of this seemingly on the cusp of occurring, how's everyone feeling about it?

I was only saying to my wife earlier today that for a car of this calibre from the line of cars I've admired and enjoyed for the best part of my life that I'd be a bit more..enthusiastic. But honestly, I feel the time has worn me down to the point where I'll just be glad to have this matter over and done with, and that feeling sucks.

Maybe it's the 100k price tag?
Prolonged release?
Compromises on transmissions/infotainment?
Lack of communication?

Who knows.

But what I do know is that I've been fortunate enough to even have the option to get my hands on the limited z proto and just need to focus on some positives of it all.

You know what, here's a positive: I'll finally be able to claim my damn $700 personalised plates that have been held hostage for what seems an age. There, positivity! šŸ˜šŸ˜…

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
With all of this seemingly on the cusp of occurring, how's everyone feeling about it?

I was only saying to my wife earlier today that for a car of this calibre from the line of cars I've admired and enjoyed for the best part of my life that I'd be a bit more..enthusiastic. But honestly, I feel the time has worn me down to the point where I'll just be glad to have this matter over and done with, and that feeling sucks.

Maybe it's the 100k price tag?
Prolonged release?
Compromises on transmissions/infotainment?
Lack of communication?

Who knows.

But what I do know is that I've been fortunate enough to even have the option to get my hands on the limited z proto and just need to focus on some positives of it all.

You know what, here's a positive: I'll finally be able to claim my damn $700 personalised plates that have been held hostage for what seems an age. There, positivity! šŸ˜šŸ˜…
All of the above I feelā€¦except for itā€™s on the cusp.
Us lowly coupe orders havenā€™t got even a hint of when we will get our cars, some people are saying it will be lucky to be this year now.
Soā€¦whilst the proto guys MAY be on the cusp we are still wondering around in the wilderness.

Iā€™m going in to talk to a Mazda dealership on Monday, I have had enough of the games

Last edited:

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I agree with you, the situation is out of our control.pehaps a possible test drive in a few weeks will re-inight the excitement of buying a new car.
For now just sit back and wait.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
I completely echo your sentiment. Perhaps I was too emotionally invested too early on. The excitement has now dwindled to the extent that checking/asking for updates feels like a chore.

Iā€™m optimistic that when our cars do eventually arrive that itā€™ll all be worth it but Iā€™m also not fully opposed to the idea of selling a low mileage Z.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I completely echo your sentiment. Perhaps I was too emotionally invested too early on. The excitement has now dwindled to the extent that checking/asking for updates feels like a chore.

Iā€™m optimistic that when our cars do eventually arrive that itā€™ll all be worth it but Iā€™m also not fully opposed to the idea of selling a low mileage Z.
Yep, that's exactly where I'm at mate.

I hate the idea of being perceived as a speculator as far as these vehicles are concerned, but yeah, im 100% hearing you.

Worst comes to worst, I'll hopefully be rewarded financially for the time and effort put into this and I know it's a shit thing to say, but yeah, im right there with you bud.

Fingers crossed the love affair resumes when we lay hands on the steering wheel..