Hands Up all the Aussies

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
There's not enough to justify the price hike over the Performance, especially as it's looks basically identical ... other than having "#XXX of 500" stamped somewhere on it.

The best thing about the proto for me, is definitely the interior. I'm a fan of the yellow interior (it's the best Nissan's ever going to do lol 😅). With that being said, I'm going red and red interior. Want something different than standard black for a change. Hope Australia gets the option...

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
There's not enough to justify the price hike over the Performance, especially as it's looks basically identical ... other than having "#XXX of 500" stamped somewhere on it.
That’s if they do stamp them…Nissan seem to be keeping official numbers very quite.
I’m getting a yellow coupe over the Proto.
I prefer the black rims ( yes I know…come at me with your judgments🤣), I don’t mind the callipers being red and if I want them sprayed I know a guy who can do it for $200
So for me the only thing I’m missing is the stitching in the interior.
I love the stitching but could do without the solid yellow line down the seats, so it kinda evens out a bit for me.

But most importantly….I’m pushing it with the hubby getting the Coupe, he’s not up for paying the extra 😖
Overall Like I said I’m very happy with my choice, just hoping they are not a month to two months behind the proto..in the end that’s worth money in itself, and had I known that was the case at the start, my choice could well be different

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Not sure how accurate this may be but I think cars off-loaded at Port Kembla are transported to a holding yard at Minto, company called PrixCar. Anyone out that way wanna peak through the fence maybe you'll see a Z

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Not sure how accurate this may be but I think cars off-loaded at Port Kembla are transported to a holding yard at Minto, company called PrixCar. Anyone out that way wanna peak through the fence maybe you'll see a Z
My binoculars don’t reach that far, if they did you’d better believe I’d be on the case 🤣

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer

These will likely arrive before the majority of preordered Zs and all include a 12.3” infotainment screen, satellite navigation, heads-up display, and wireless phone charging.

Qashqai $33,890
X-Trail $30,665

🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

These will likely arrive before the majority of preordered Zs and all include a 12.3” infotainment screen, satellite navigation, heads-up display, and wireless phone charging.

Qashqai $33,890
X-Trail $30,665

🤷‍♂️
Does make you wonder.
One of the reasons I waited for the Z over the MX 5 was the better tech…but now it’s pretty line ball.
Leaving us out of the 9inch screen with Sat nav and wireless car play was a big mistake

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Leaving us out of the 9inch screen with Sat nav and wireless car play was a big mistake
Pretty odd alright. The cost saving would be negligible.

If a Nissan rep is reading this, as one of the first orders in the country I’d appreciate a phone call this week please.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
ok so a newbie to the forum here.

Always been a silvia fan personally but figure this will be the last chance at a ICE that is close to one, why nissan never built me the IDx i'm still heat broken over.

My order didn't go in till last month, was holding off till I could test drive as I'm on the taller side and judt don;t fit in some cars. but after nissan updated the site to say 2022 allocation was gone put down a deposit on consdtion of test drive.

was funny the sales person was asking me if I wanted the coupe or the coupe Proto when putting deposit down!!!!! gotta love sales people.

I was looking at the thread where people were being called by Nissan and buzzed a friend who put a order in for a Proto in July last year and has heard nothing, so might ahve had to put in orders WAY early.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Also curious if people are planning on keeping stock or moding theirs.

I'm in for a Blue Manual

and being it will be next year hoping some decent parts avaliblity

Day 1 mods I'm planning are:
Nismo GT gear knob (have one in my S14 and love the feel of it)
18" Rays TE37 in bronze on some decent Rubber as I see from a number of reviews they are not impressed with the factory tires. I run AD08R's on my mini and RS3's on the S14 so will be something Close to that prob RS4's. I also think 18's ride better than 19s hell I would go 17's if I thought they would fit!
will be doing Dumps, highflow cats and cat back as I like obnoxiously loud cars

after that

want to run it for a bit to get a feel for suspension to work out what my plans there are but being I've only had one car that was at standard ride high I think I know what will happen there a mild drop without too much compliancy lose is the aim.

And will be curious to see what options there areto upgrade stereo as the one in the 370 was very lacking so guessing this will be similar.

I also like the look of the front end of the cutomised proto they did at TAS so might go down that route if they actually produce it. but that will also come down to how they mount the front numberplate on the stock one, I'm concerned it's going to look way out ofplace from the renderings I have seen.

Last edited:

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Does make you wonder.
One of the reasons I waited for the Z over the MX 5 was the better tech…but now it’s pretty line ball.
Wow, what a price increase, I paid $20600 drive away for 2018 ST, now just over $37k driveaway

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver

Qashqai $33,890
X-Trail $30,665

🤷‍♂️
That's just taking the piss

😒

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z

Qashqai $33,890
X-Trail $30,665

🤷‍♂️
My dealer was saying the Qashqai would definitely arrive first

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My dealer was saying the Qashqai would definitely arrive first
It was originally supposed to then the Z was coming first. Interestingly Nissan still says mid year for the Z and end of year for the Qashqai ….I’d be interested if it stays that way, surely the same delays would exist for both?

Reactions: Mud