Hands Up all the Aussies

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
Anyone else unreasonably excited about these storage compartments behind the seats? šŸ˜…šŸ¤£
Screenshot_20220511-174536_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Anyone else unreasonably excited about these storage compartments behind the seats? šŸ˜…šŸ¤£
Screenshot_20220511-174536_Chrome.jpg
At this point Iā€™m a bit in shock over just the priceā€¦just figured out from your text how to configure my car 83157k for the yellow
How come it costs me 1250k for paint!

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
I am a bit late to the party as it was a travel day for work so only now freed up.

As we all believed the leaked pricing was correct which sucks for all of us.

I am still deciding what I am going to do with my Proto order as it is more than I had hoped so potentially might cancel it and hold onto my car for a little longer and wait for this covid market to settle down and buy something else.

hatā€™s good newsā€¦itā€™s also what keeps my hopes up for a July releaseā€¦I have no idea how the car sales industry works. But holding a managers meeting 6-7 months out seems to be a long time between drinks
Isn't that exactly what is happening in the North American market though. Pricing to be announced next week and Nissan Managers are having meetings/viewing events of the car but it is still not expected til around October so could potentially be the same here.

Ok so what do they call launch? Delivery? If so it still sounding like July delivery,
All a lauch is , is officially bringing a product to market. It means full spec's are revealed and options available and pricing for options etc are made available and official orders can begin, it doesn't necessarily mean that the product will be delivered at that time.

So it still possible the cars will only be delivered later in the year.

The launch means that official orders can begin not like our pre-orders where a rough contract has been made up with no details.

Even with the updated website and pricing being revealed the website shows a reserve now button not a buy now button which is essentially still a pre-order for the car and not an actual order per se.

So I am still a little skeptical about the cars being delivered June/July as the launch is more likely what I have stated above and we will still have to wait a few months for actual deliveries of the cars.

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
seeing that the pricing is now released. What do you guys expect the cost of the Nismo would be?

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
As I posted last week a Victorian dealer was ofering free accessory pack said it would be at least mats but wasn't sure as these are released yet.
If we have pre ordered I think we will be just luck to get it rather than to try and configure it now.
Anyone who already has a nissan don't forget loyalty discount don't mention it until they are give you the final price as they will try to say its already included. I should get $500 off as I have a Qashqai actually we have two, don't think they would do $1000.

Brissiez

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
Been busy with work today, anyone worked out the extra cost for each paint? Judging by the Japanese pricing I think the blue and red are more expensive, something like $1600 extra? I am still not sure if I want to pay $80k, itā€™s more than I was hoping for, but then again every manufacturer has increased their prices.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
seeing that the pricing is now released. What do you guys expect the cost of the Nismo would be?
Nismo is a long way off, anything could happen between now and two years.
impossible to guess

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Been busy with work today, anyone worked out the extra cost for each paint? Judging by the Japanese pricing I think the blue and red are more expensive, something like $1600 extra? I am still not sure if I want to pay $80k, itā€™s more than I was hoping for, but then again every manufacturer has increased their prices.
Hey ā€¦..donā€™t complainā€¦QLD has one of the lowest base prices in the countryā€¦.your gonna be 2k cheaper than us in WA ā€¦in other words you get you paint for freešŸ¤£
All seriousness, just go to the link, make sure you have the right post code and do some configurations to see what comes out

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
I am still not sure if I want to pay $80k, itā€™s more than I was hoping for, but then again every manufacturer has increased their prices.
This is exactly what I am struggling with!

While the car is more expensive than I had hoped, all cars at the moment have gone up in price significantly and the secondhand market is still inflated so not like there are bargains to be found there.

Also the other major factor that I have to consider is that there are very few new cars that come in manual now so that greatly reduces my choices if looking for a new car.

The only other viable option at the moment for me that I might consider is the next gen Mustang as that at least has a V8 and is currently priced decently, but that could also go up in price with the next gen.

While I doubt prices of new cars will come down in the near future, part of me sort of worries that once these shortages disappear in a couple of years time there is potential for the market to go back to a more normal state and prices may come down and we would have overpaid for the car.

Having an order for a Proto has also made things a lot more complicated as if I had just ordered the normal version I would probably roll the dice and cancel the order and wait a couple of years and see what happens with the market. The Proto being limited edition makes that decision harder as I know if I cancel it there is a very low chance I could ever get one again.

Another thing that I have to factor in is mods to the car. The stock exhaust sounds sh!t to me and I wouldn't be able to live with it sounding like that, especially considering I have a decent sounding exhaust on my current car so at the very least I would need to add an aftermarket exhaust and that will definitely push the car well into the $90k's.

Will have to wait for more information like how many Proto spec's there will be, but it is looking like we will get 240 like other markets and also driving impressions of the car before I make a decision.

Brissiez

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
Agree that the standard exhaust seems pretty lame, although thatā€™s just my impression from watching YouTube. Personally I donā€™t feel that the Proto is worth the extra money.
Tesla model 3 performance is becoming a relative bargain, but other than really fast acceleration, itā€™s rather boring.
When is the next generation Mustang coming out?

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Agree that the standard exhaust seems pretty lame,
It is also the engine itself that makes it not sound that great. A V6 isn't as characterful as a flat 6 or a straight 6 so generally doesn't sound as good as those engines.

My current car has a B58 engine which is a straight 6 and is the same engine as what is in the Supra and even in stock form this engine sounds a lot better than the Z from the clips that I have heard so far.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Agree that the standard exhaust seems pretty lame, although thatā€™s just my impression from watching YouTube. Personally I donā€™t feel that the Proto is worth the extra money.
Tesla model 3 performance is becoming a relative bargain, but other than really fast acceleration, itā€™s rather boring.
You guys have to take into consideration that noise restriction limits have been changed recently againā€¦they have to do what they can import.
pesonally I donā€™t mind the sound of the stock

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Latest reports that have just come out point to a reveal next year in April. So the car should be available sometime in the second half of next year you would hope.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2024-ford-mustang-set-for-reveal-next-april

You guys have to take into consideration that noise restriction limits have been changed recently againā€¦they have to do what they can import.
pesonally I donā€™t mind the sound of the stock
Which is all ther more reason to upgrade the exhaust with an aftermarket one. šŸ˜œ