My shiny new thing!

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Just saw some of the latest posts in the Complaint about the Z release thread and gave me the idea for this thread topic, that I have ripped off from another forum that I am active on. ?

Basically post the latest things you have bought or acquired and want to share.

I know all of us want the Z to be the shiny new thing we have gotten but while we wait we may as well kill some time lol.

I probably shouldn't have started this thread for a few days as I have to wait until I get back home from the work in the field before I can post my latest acquisition. ?

DanPYo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer
Green Mountain Grills Trek Smoker. Not nearly as flashy as a Z, but the meat I smoke def helps close the gap a bit. And the "fire and forget" aspect of a pellet grill let's me put something on in the morning and have it for lunch without having to do practically anything along the way (I work from home).

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
I recently was given a great deal for the other needlessly expensive hobby I have besides cars, and so I picked up a set of these, ELAC Carina speakers. Designed by Andrew Jones

Screenshot_20220307-084720_Gallery.jpg

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
For the Family: Trip to Puerto Rico for Spring Break, Trip to Hawaii once school is out, Trip to Vietnam next summer and I gave the Media Room an overhaul on Black Friday (75" Sony X90J, JBL 9.1 Sound Bar, X Box: Series X)

For my Wife: She wanted some Linen Sheets for her birthday so I got a full set + duvet cover from Brooklinen.....we're spoiled now and can never go back - I shoulda just got her the usual Cricut goods.

For my Daughter: Clothes.......lots of clothes (she's a preteen and starting to turn the corner from Kiddy stuff to Teenage stuff)

For Me: Linen Shirts, Cologne (Silver Mountain Water, Virgin Island Water)

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
Green Mountain Grills Trek Smoker. Not nearly as flashy as a Z, but the meat I smoke def helps close the gap a bit. And the "fire and forget" aspect of a pellet grill let's me put something on in the morning and have it for lunch without having to do practically anything along the way (I work from home).
Do you have time to talk about our lord and savior, Masterbuilt?

Bought a Gravity Series 560 back on Memorial Day weekend 2020 and I haven't been the same since, even my Fajitas catch a smoke ring. Makes anybody look like a pitmaster. The ease of a pellet grill but fueled by Charcoal and Wood.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
75inch TV …only just fits in our lounge, but enjoying it
I also recently got a 75". TCL 6 series. Thing is GREAT, especially for gaming.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Do you have time to talk about our lord and savior, Masterbuilt?

Bought a Gravity Series 560 back on Memorial Day weekend 2020 and I haven't been the same since, even my Fajitas catch a smoke ring. Makes anybody look like a pitmaster. The ease of a pellet grill but fueled by Charcoal and Wood.
A smoker is gonna be my next big shiny purchase. I'm more of a purist though... I'll be buying a Weber Smokey Mountain. I had a Pit Boss 4-in-1 which the smoker was complete shit on but I still learned how to smoke and was relatively successful, even doing packer briskets.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
I also recently got a 75". TCL 6 series. Thing is GREAT, especially for gaming.
Man, I was late af to the 4k party, I was honestly gonna skip it and make the jump when 8k was the norm but my damned Media Room TV died. I heard good things about the TLC 6 Series.

I wanted the LG C1......bad - I couldn't justify double the price to my Wife though lol

A smoker is gonna be my next big shiny purchase. I'm more of a purist though... I'll be buying a Weber Smokey Mountain. I had a Pit Boss 4-in-1 which the smoker was complete shit on but I still learned how to smoke and was relatively successful, even doing packer briskets.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan - Try the Masterbuilt, I'm serious

1646662573733.png

1646662591199.png

(Bacon weaved Meatloaf smoked on Pecan and Post Oak, BRB starting a BBQ thread)

Last edited:

Quigs

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Mazdaspeed3, '22 Ford F-250 SD, Miata racecar
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Got a TV out of necessity a couple weeks ago...wasn't in the budget so nothing fancy, but still feels nice having something newer than 8+ years old.

Wife recently got a new kitchen.

I'm still financially recovering from my new Super Duty I finally picked up last month. On top of that I built a sim rig over Black Friday/winter and that went way over budget as well.

Next up is a fresh K24 swap for my Miata.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Man, I was late af to the 4k party, I was honestly gonna skip it and make the jump when 8k was the norm but my damned Media Room TV died. I heard good things about the TLC 6 Series.

I wanted the LG C1......bad - I couldn't justify double the price to my Wife though lol
I got a Samsung Oled Neo, the 4K is great, I wouldn’t go an 8k yet because not enough content is being streamed in it. Even the 4K I have to watch the HD channels otherwise they are blurry, but on HD that picture is something to behold!
I chose the Samsung for a few reasons, first was the reflection quality…it’s next to 0, and our front window is directly opposite so the light makes it difficult to see most T.V, this one fixes that issue.
The second reason is the blacks are really black, so if your watching a show like Game of Thrones that is really dark by nature you can actually still see everything in great detail instead of the greys blending to the blacks making it difficult

I don't believe we have TLC here in Aus….

For the record, no one who owns a Cricut is ever disappointed to open a present and find more stuff for their Cricut ? Us crafting girls can be a strange bunch, I swear sometimes I could supply Spotlight ( our version of hobby lobby) rather than the other way round..but you always want more ?

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
I got a Samsung Oled Neo, the 4K is great, I wouldn’t go an 8k yet because not enough content is being streamed in it. Even the 4K I have to watch the HD channels otherwise they are blurry, but on HD that picture is something to behold!
I chose the Samsung for a few reasons, first was the reflection quality…it’s next to 0, and our front window is directly opposite so the light makes it difficult to see most T.V, this one fixes that issue.
The second reason is the blacks are really black, so if your watching a show like Game of Thrones that is really dark by nature you can actually still see everything in great detail instead of the greys blending to the blacks making it difficult

I don't believe we have TLC here in Aus….

For the record, no one who owns a Cricut is ever disappointed to open a present and find more stuff for their Cricut ? Us crafting girls can be a strange bunch, I swear sometimes I could supply Spotlight ( our version of hobby lobby) rather than the other way round..but you always want more ?
Yeah, the Cricut has it's own closet and office space in our house - We call it her "Workshop"

I will admit, I'm amazed at what you can create with it and all the accessories.
1646664250642.png

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Next up is a fresh K24 swap for my Miata.
YESSSSSS. One of my favorite combinations—stays true to the 4-cylinder, says true to JDM-ness and it rips. Miata go mmmmmBAHHHH

Using KPower?

I, unfortunately, don't have much to contribute in terms of shiny new things, unless you take into consideration the wedding bands mah wiiife (cue Borat) and I have on our hands. Got married last month, probably moving in a few months so we're sitting tight and recovering (outside of the Z, whenever the heck that happens).