Will Dealers Markup The Z?

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
What are some thoughts on do you believe dealers will mark up the Z? I can’t stand when dealers do this but it’s no stranger. Some cars have a big supply and demand. Is the Z that? On one side I feel Nissan wouldn’t allow the dealers to because they need sales and as great as this car is, it’s not quite that. Marking up can reduce sales in some cases. But this also could be a well desired car that Nissan hasn’t had in a long time causing stealerships to mark up.

Speedanimal

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rx8, Xterra
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn’t be surprised. Stealerships are a-hats about this thing some times. If that 5-10 grand is what you need to stay afloat then you aren’t a good dealership to begin with.

Assuming there is no way around it; then sorry Nissan...I won’t be buying until they charge the fair price.

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Silly question... of course there will be mark ups. I'm not planning to buy until 2023 so hopefully the hype will die down by then.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Yeah I'm hoping it won't be too crazy around my area. Planning on buying the Z in Summer 2022.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
if the computer chip shortage continues and dealers only get 1 or 2 in stock...there prob will be mark-ups.

if nissan is cool and does not allow it, then i think dealers will only order the higher trims to maximize $$$.

this means "no base for you!"

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
In Australia, they are not allowed to.
Nissan sets the price and that’s it, all dealers sell for the same price, the only difference is how much each of them will give you for a trade in

sluggoZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004.5 Nissan 350ZR, 2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport
Occupation
Retired
When the 350Z came out, some dealers were getting up to 5 grand over the msrp. Guys were traveling from far away states & paying the price.
As it turns out, all kinds of problems start arising...then came the Service Bulletins...tire feathering & more.

pakmanz35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Infiniti G37xS
Definately expect the dealers to mark up the price for at least 6 months.

If the chip shortage isn't sorted out by next year, then they will continue to mark up the price until there is enough inventory.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
To those concerned about markups I would just wait for the next model year. Back in 2011 I went to my local Nissan local to look at a used low mileage G35 coupe and for whatever reason the salesman thought I was interested in a yellow 370Z sitting in the middle of the showroom. He said the MSRP is $38k but I can knock it down to $32k for you. Maybe a little less if you have your own wheels.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
All new highly anticipated vehicles have markups in the beginning and there will be people willing to pay those prices. If you want to be the first one on the block with one then you have to pay more. Just wait and the prices will return to normal.