What was your honest opinion of the Z Proto at first vs now?

400Z

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Corvette, Porsche, Mercedes
Love the exterior design but worry the interior parts and design make the car look too old. This seems where they are trying to save money. I am basing this by watching the Chicago Auto show videos showing the interior.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Loved it from the start. as soon as i seen it and heard the specs, i told my wife i am buying it, and i want it to look like the proto, same color and all
Got the wife’s approval, that’s one step ahead of most of us here.

I’ll have to go with ask forgiveness instead of permission route:D

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional

LOL I'm in similar boat as you ! I've got a deal with my fiancee; I'll give the wedding she wants if she buys me the Z. She agreed. Side note; Z is more expensive LOL

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I'm not going to use the word "love", because that's a really strong word. However, I have liked it since day one. It looks like a modern day 240Z. I think the design is clean and simple. I think it will age really well as time goes by, unlike with the Zupra. That thing does look like a modern day 2000GT, but after it was hit with an ugly stick.

BtXXDjn.jpg

E2yQMKaWEAIS8l9?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
My honest opinion is I think it looks good. I know a lot of people say that it looks bland compared to the new Supra but in this day and age with all the fake vents and over stylization I really do appreciate the clean lines of the Z proto.

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
Love the exterior design but worry the interior parts and design make the car look too old. This seems where they are trying to save money. I am basing this by watching the Chicago Auto show videos showing the interior.
Yeah, the old-school 370Z seats even with the visual "refresh" on the upholstery, just doesn't do it for me. I was hoping for a more racing bucket design.

Well there's always the NISMO Edition with Recaros.

That space-turtle "control pod" for the 9-speed auto looks out of place, and the shift paddles are still fixed and don't rotate with the steering wheel.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford

Hahaha :D I had to get in early and put a deposit down before she changes her mind lol
LOL I'm in similar boat as you ! I've got a deal with my fiancee; I'll give the wedding she wants if she buys me the Z. She agreed. Side note; Z is more expensive LOL
Pics of wives? :p;)