First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
I just saw one of these for the first time today. It does not look any better in person... ???

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I just saw one of these for the first time today. It does not look any better in person... ???
what color was it?
saw one today and it wasn't as ridiculous as it looks in most pics.

but it was black and it may play tricks on your eyes...kinda like fat people look skinnier when they wear black or dark clothes...

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
what color was it?

but it was black and it may play tricks on your eyes...kinda like fat people look skinnier when they wear black or dark clothes...
I'm guessing I've seen nearly 10 G80's or G82's in person by now, variety of paints, though some have probably been the same car just spotted at different times. Black from a distance looks the best, but the closer it gets the worse it is, and black is definitely as forgiving as it's going to get. To me in person it looks better than in some photos and worse than others. Obviously these are two different angles of the front and I'm probably incapable of seeing it any other way, but when I see them it's much more the top picture than the bottom if that even makes any sense.

1639463516504.png

The hood and grill just don't work for me and it's really not as much the overall size of the grill as it is the shape and how large it is vertically. That sensor placement on the models that have it is unfortunate and those chipmunk cheeks might be the biggest blunder of the whole thing. Exclusive to the M3, there is this crazy transition from the rear doors into the quarter panels that appears unfinished and is something I can't unsee. If I didn't know any better I would guess this car was created during a pandemic while everyone was working remote, and different people designed the front, hood, side, rear and then they threw it all together on a Skype call and off it went to production. It's a shame because these things are absolute beasts performance wise.

They said they want to differentiate the true M cars from the non-M, M-Sport, M-Performance cars through the styling/grills, yet they give the 430i and M440i a grill with styling similar to the one above and the 330i and M340i a grill that's more in line with what we've seen for the past 3 decades. If they truly believed in differentiating models they would stop slapping M (///Marketing) on practically everything and go back to "is", but this time make it so there is no M-Sport/M-Performance on 'i" models, "is" is "M-Sport" without any M badges, and true M cars are just that. I guess at the end of the day they know practically all their cars will sell to somebody no matter what they look like or what they call them, and it never hurts to throw an M badge into the deal just in case.

tl;dr Pray for BMW ?

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
what color was it?

It was blue.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
Too hated on. Car looks absolutely sick. Color, exhaust, knards, wing, and that front end.

better than a rectangle imo

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Too hated on. Car looks absolutely sick. Color, exhaust, knards, wing, and that front end.

better than a rectangle imo
Yeah, even on that thread they are pretty tough on it. One person sees it and hates it while another sees it and loves it, but either way BMW is probably just happy that it's being discussed. Factually the car is not beautiful nor ugly, but with this one specifically I find that people want to tell you that it's objectively one way or the other. I've seen opinions on it get pretty personal, but fortunately most of us are mature enough to know that just because you dislike a car doesn't mean that you dislike the owner and vice versa.