LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
1701383540816.png

Not gonna lie, I was really hoping the price would stay under $70k for the AWD model, but the 340 mi range is better than I expected, and the 0-60mph time is .5 sec faster than the original 2019 specs... and with the tax credit, it gets the price down to $72,490.

Also, this is awesome:

Last edited:

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Optional Battery Range Extender Offered (Toolbox-Sized External Battery), adds 30% More Range (up to 470+ Miles). Fits in 1/3 of Bed Space

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...-to-470-miles-fits-in-1-3-of-bed-space.10022/
I think this is a really good optional feature. I won't need one for my purposes, but for people who tow big stuff or need to go long distances where charging station availability is iffy, makes a lot of sense.

1701385553337.png

edit: ooof, if this price is accurate, then ouch. But, as some have speculated, if these range extenders can be rented and conveniently installed by tesla for temporary use, that would be a pretty solid option...

Last edited:

Mark Folio

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
only Nissan
Occupation
manager
The first tests are pretty impressive in terms of technologies but I am a bit disappointed about the car's range. Expected it to be 0ver 800 km but not 500.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The first tests are pretty impressive in terms of technologies but I am a bit disappointed about the car's range. Expected it to be 0ver 800 km but not 500.
Yeah, quite a difference in the Tri Motor variant compared to original specs... But for the Dual Motor AWD, its range of 340 miles is actually better than I had expected vs the original "300+" that was announced in 2019. I think with the ever-improving efficiency and speed of supercharging, it's not as necessary to have a gargantuan battery pack that will just weigh your vehicle down when you're doing sub 400-mile trips.

Though I suppose if you're doing lots of towing, it's a different story.