Should I buy this Z?

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
So much wrong in this thread about preorders, thats americas region where you put down a deposit and a random allocation would come. Nissan canada has directly taken preorders not the dealers itself, unless this has been passed to u by nissan canada this would be misleading information
My pre order was done through the dealer, there was a one week period for pre orders I think it was JAN 26 to FEB 1,2022 you had to put a 1k deposit down at the time of the pre order I had nothing to do with Nissan Canada.The form I signed says pre order reservation.

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
My pre order was done through the dealer, there was a one week period for pre orders I think it was JAN 26 to FEB 1,2022 you had to put a 1k deposit down at the time of the pre order I had nothing to do with Nissan Canada.The form I signed says pre order reservation.
That’s what I did but I went on Feb 11

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Mine was submitted on Jan 29th through the dealership system to Nissan Canada for approval. It was at the same time they were able to place the fresh order allocations for the Ariya. I was their first and only Z order in that week~ window before the online reservation went live. We went over it on his computer, selecting trim, transmission, interior/exterior color.

When I went up to see their demo model, he told me he's received maybe 5-6 Z orders since I put mine in, not very many in the entire year, but it's a small town. The order banks are still closed and he's only able to put peoples information aside for when he can put orders in again.

Those demo units they got randomly delivered he said they were supposed to be on their lots around June-July ish, but due to those horrible delays and all that stuff that backed up, transmission issues, hold up at ports or what ever the heck happened, that's why they're just getting these early demonstration units now. The ones that have popped up are their one and only allocated random unit for display. They weren't ordered, and they had no idea when they were coming in. Dealerships are welcome to keep them, or sell them as they please. Most have kept them in their show rooms to entice more future orders. Some have sold them to people. Some dealerships got confused if it just randomly matched someone's dealership order from back in January, and assumed it was the one they ordered, like I did in the above paragraph. I'm sure if their car matched what I put in with him, he'd call me and be like oh shit your car showed up!! Because, they had no idea when these demos were coming lol

Last edited:

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
i did as well, but its the same process they took the order and directly sent it to nissan canada. i have already confirmed with nissan canada itself my preorder is in their system

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
i did as well, but its the same process they took the order and directly sent it to nissan canada. i have already confirmed with nissan canada itself my preorder is in their system
Of course Nissan Canada gets the order but you said Nissan Canada takes the pre order not the dealers themselves which is wrong.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Of course Nissan Canada gets the order but you said Nissan Canada takes the pre order not the dealers themselves which is wrong.
i dont understand what u are saying so are the dealers manufacturing your order? you are ordering from factory which then gets sent to your dealer. and Yes nissan canada is taking your preorder ? lol

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
i dont understand what u are saying so are the dealers manufacturing your order? you are ordering from factory which then gets sent to your dealer. and Yes nissan canada is taking your preorder ? lol
Sorry but the way you worded it sounded like you bypassed the dealer and ordered directly from Nissan Canada in regards to the pre order

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
also a note about the random bogus information about the dealer cars randomly showing up and thats your preorder thing. If u preordered during the time frame there were faq's and are still up there in regards to the delivery. You can and still have the option to change to a different dealership to pickup your car, hope this helps
https://www.nissan.ca/vehicles/sports-cars/z/faq.html

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It just gets a little confusing for some folks because of the many different ways orders were handled here :/

Type 1: Dealership placed orders for approval to Nissan Canada in January 2022
Type 2: Online Reservation system on Nissan Canada website in early February 2022
Type 3: Go to the dealership after the website reservation was "sold out" to put your name on a list with what kind of car you want which falls into the below paragraph

Anything after that is all in limbo. The order banks are closed. Dealerships cannot place any orders through the portal. All they can do and have done since the "sold out" state was write your details down and submit the order when ever the banks open again

The cars that have hit random dealerships with the 03/22~ build dates and random colours have nothing to do with any of the order types above. They were separate dealership one time allocations for demonstration purposes

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
It just gets a little confusing for some folks because of the many different ways orders were handled here :/

Type 1: Dealership placed orders for approval to Nissan Canada in January 2022
Type 2: Online Reservation system on Nissan Canada website in early February 2022
Type 3: Go to the dealership after the website reservation was "sold out" to put your name on a list with what kind of car you want which falls into the below paragraph

Anything after that is all in limbo. The order banks are closed. Dealerships cannot place any orders through the portal. All they can do and have done since the "sold out" state was write your details down and submit the order when ever the banks open again

The cars that have hit random dealerships with the 03/22~ build dates and random colours have nothing to do with any of the order types above. They were separate dealership one time allocations for demonstration purposes
The way I understood it was pre orders will be delivered before the reservation system cars.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
also a note about the random bogus information about the dealer cars randomly showing up and thats your preorder thing. If u preordered during the time frame there were faq's and are still up there in regards to the delivery. You can and still have the option to change to a different dealership to pickup your car, hope this helps
https://www.nissan.ca/vehicles/sports-cars/z/faq.html
Wonder if the direct preorders at the dealer are able to change/transfer to a different dealer.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The way I understood it was pre orders will be delivered before the reservation system cars.
That's the way it *should* work as they were first in the system. It's really hard to tell. I'm guessing there really isn't a whole lot of these direct pre-orders since it was such a short window so, once the cars start rolling in, I think it'll end up like flood gates haha