Recent tune to VR30DDTT (450hp, 500whp in Q60)

On2Vegas

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Just thought I'd drop this to give those unfamiliar with this engine what at a likely MINIMUM the Z can achieve. Nissan keeps saying the Z is getting a modified version so who knows.

This is on 93 pump and stock turbos. He runs through his list of mods @ 11:30 (if you want to skip), such as downpipe and catback. It's not a massive jump in power, but not bad for a tune with modest upgrades and pump gas.

Mods: Please move if this should be posted elsewhere.

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
I've been following the Q50/Q60 pages for a while, and their power numbers with just basic boltons are sick. 500ish hp with this light of a car will be a riot. I see folks have already dipped into the 10s with boltons and usually with ethanol. Turbo upgrades and a fuel system should give us just about 600 hp.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
The first big bottleneck with these cars was cooling, and AMS solved that. The next one is the turbos themselves. Right now you're very limited on options because of the design of the engine with the turbo manifolds integrated into the block. I think there is only one pair of aftermarket turbos available and the jury is still out on their quality.

Here's to hoping the Z further stokes the aftermarket fires here. This engine does have incredible potential and now it's getting installed into a true performance platform rather than a "luxury sport" one.