Rear Z Badge Outside of Japan

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Now we know what's being taped over, not a huge fan.....
Rear.jpg

Sign me up for a JDM blank rear panel and trunk badge.
1622221750951.png
Where did you find this at? The innerricer within me was hoping for a Z badge that lit up like the taillights.

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
AMERICAN z OWNER WITH fAIRLADY BADGE.JPG

An uncommon mod for current Z owners in N.A.... but you do see it.
What I'd like to see is a much more challengine project: a Q50 switched completely over to Skyline badges. Counting the different grill and steering wheel pad, and much more, it would be expensive but would also be much more interesting than a simple Fairlady badge stuck on a Z.
I've added the ultra-rare JDM-export Skyline V36 badge to my own G37S. Which is as far as I intended it to go since nobody even ever knew what that meant. Some people wonder what ever happened to the Skyline - one of the most famous brands ever... still in production but obscure outside of Japan. https://www3.nissan.co.jp/vehicles/new/skyline.html The Skyline/Q50 is yet another Nissan product that is very dated and desperately needs a modernization to be competitive again... the nav system is awful, the twin screens absurd, the 7-speed terrible, the HP nothing to brag about and the torque is lousy (look at the departed ATS-V or the new CT4-V Blackwing for what the right numbers are for this size engine). And don't even consider that gadawful and thankfully optional "Direct Adaptive" steering system (which had better not show up on the Z). I'm hoping to see a higher output Z engine come over to this car, along with the new 9-speed auto and a new dash with the single-screen nav/infotainment from the Z. And cooled seats. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Q50, I've put hundreds of miles on them thanks to Hertz (and in Nashville they had a handful of Q50S Reds) but it's just so old. And except for the new engine, it's just my G37S underneath (the Q50 - and Q60 - was a "tophat" rebop, just like the new Z is). Hence my hopes - and concerns - about the new Z.
v36-G.jpg

But you have to be careful with this... I've seen any number of Pontiac GTOs or G8s switched over to Holden badges... we have an obnoxious local owner who doesn't even know what that means. And then there is the infamous Buick Roadmaster owners who install a Corvette engine cover and claim it as a Corvette engine... saying the factory produced a "Corvette-powered Buick"... when it's just the low-po corporate iron block "350" instead of the much more developed and aluminum-block Corvette engine.
This stuff can go into poseur territory instead of "knowledgeable enthusiast" territory.
Yeah I remember in my youth I would go to a lot of meetups and you'd always have one or two people that had rebadged their car to something it wasn't, sometimes in absurd ways. I don't know what motivates people to put Cobra or Shelby badges on base v6 mustangs etc. but it's like the stolen valor of the car world. Sometimes I wondered if they were unwitting purchasers of 'rare models' and avoided facing the truth because they'd have to face their own gullibility.

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Yeah I remember in my youth I would go to a lot of meetups and you'd always have one or two people that had rebadged their car to something it wasn't, sometimes in absurd ways. I don't know what motivates people to put Cobra or Shelby badges on base v6 mustangs etc. but it's like the stolen valor of the car world. Sometimes I wondered if they were unwitting purchasers of 'rare models' and avoided facing the truth because they'd have to face their own gullibility.
This is different though, I also hate the posers that slap top of the line badges on base models (I love running down fake AMGs and Ms here in Houston)

JDM badging has been a thing for a while now - I don't find any harm in it....I'm one of them lol

Savanna badges for my FB
My FD wore Efini badges
Sold my S13 before I could dig into it
My S14 wore Silvia Badges
Both my Zs (Z33, Z34) wore Fairlady Z badges
When I get my Z35, I'm sure as hell throwing the Neo-Retro Fairlady Z script on it - I suspect I won't be the only one

What I'd like to see is a much more challenging project: a Q50 switched completely over to Skyline badges. Counting the different grill and steering wheel pad, and much more, it would be expensive but would also be much more interesting than a simple Fairlady badge stuck on a Z
Doing a full Skyline 400R conversion is on the list with my RedSport

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Praise the Lord that isn't the real badge lol.

afea16bc27dc737f9f4d17513e48f53b.jpg

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
It does a little better I guess...