R35 Nissan GT-R Thread

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
It looks like a new front end, most likely it's just a heavy refresh before the GTR goes EV.
If thats the case hopefully the drivetrain gets an update as well

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
If it were the R36 you would think Nissan would say next gen or all new in the Youtube preview

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
If it were the R36 you would think Nissan would say next gen or all new in the Youtube preview
Not only that, but we would have seen a ton of test mules driving around.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Here is the link to the press release.

https://global.nissannews.com/en/releases/230113-01-e

With “evolving toward ultimate driving pleasure” as its product concept, the Nissan GT-R continues to enhance its status as a premium sports car. The new models represent the next level of balance between speed and ride quality. "Fronted with a new grille design, cutting-edge technologies and craftsmanship, the new models are the pinnacle of the GT-R R35," said Nissan COO Ashwani Gupta.

The models feature improved aerodynamics and a refined ride quality. While maintaining horsepower, noise and vibration have been reduced and the sound carefully tuned to enhance onboard comfort.

T-spec represents the GT-R’s philosophy of leading and shaping the times and is inspired by the words trend and traction. The GT-R T-spec has been created to always be ahead of the times and to drive with robust grip. The Nissan GT-R Premium edition T-spec is now equipped with specially set suspension and carbon disc brakes, delivering the pleasure of a smooth ride and responsive handling.

The Nissan GT-R NISMO maximizes the use of racing technologies. By refining aerodynamic performance, suspension tuning, and adding a mechanical limited-slip differential to the front final drive, this is the highest-performance GT-R ever. The exclusive Recaro carbon back bucket seats have been refreshed for enhanced drive quality, providing a unified feel with the car and increased comfort. The Nissan GT-R NISMO Special edition uses high-precision weight-balanced engine parts, such as piston rings, connecting rods, crankshaft, and a clear-coated NISMO-exclusive carbon engine hood (with NACA ducts).

Specifications (before homologation; Nissan figures)

GT-R
Pure
edition
GT-R
Black
edition
GT-R
Premium
edition
GT-R
Premium
edition
T-spec
GT-R
Track
edition
engineered
by NISMO
GT-R
Track
edition
engineered
by NISMO
T-spec
GT-R
NISMO
GT-R
NISMO
Special
edition
EngineVR38DETT, V6 twin-turbo charged DOHCVR38DETT
(NISMO special tuning),
V6 twin-turbo charged DOHC
Drive4WD
TransmissionGR6 dual clutch transmission
Maximum power (kW(PS)/rpm)419 (570)/6,800441 (600)/6,800
Maximum torque (N・m(kgf・m)/rpm)637 (65.0)/3,300-5,800652 (66.5)/3,600-5,600
Overall length (mm)4,7104,700
Overall width (mm)1,8951,895
Overall height (mm)1,3701,370
Wheelbase (mm)2,7802,780

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Not a fan…the grey with red lines remind me of the i30, and that’s never a good thing even if it’s the sports model 🤣
And I know the GT has always been the muscular type, but the squared off look, looks to be even more severe…reminds me of a Bentley, also not a good thing 🤣

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I remember watching a documentary on the design of the original GT-R and listening to the designers speak about how they believe they have crafted the perfect machine. And any revisions going into the future would only ever be minor adjustments and subtle changes, they never wanted to stray too far from the original design