Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
It's called a thumbnail
A "thumbnail" is a small version of an image or video used as a preview of a larger version.

The static placeholder for a video is called the "poster frame", but hardly anyone understands that term, so I didn't use it.

There is no spare tire.
In some countries there legally has to be a spare tyre of some sort, even if it's a crappy "space saver". I guess it depends on what countries Nissan is planning to sell this car in as to whether or not they bother to put one in. There's certainly seems to be a mounting point for one in the framework (as shown in the photo below from another topic) and this video shows the lowest trunk section that looks identical to the spare tyre set-up in the 370Z (as shown in the video below) ... after all, it is the same basic chassis frame.

Screenshot_20220207-205913.png

2WQiLk6.jpg

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I'd love to be able to put a spare in there if the one for the 370Z fits, but I strongly suspect you'll have to yank some of the Bose system out to do so.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
A "thumbnail" is a small version of an image or video used as a preview of a larger version.

The static placeholder for a video is called the "poster frame", but hardly anyone understands that term, so I didn't use it.

In some countries there legally has to be a spare tyre of some sort, even if it's a crappy "space saver". I guess it depends on what countries Nissan is planning to sell this car in as to whether or not they bother to put one in. There's certainly seems to be a mounting point for one in the framework (as shown in the photo below from another topic) and this video shows the lowest trunk section that looks identical to the spare tyre set-up in the 370Z (as shown in the video below) ... after all, it is the same basic chassis frame.

Screenshot_20220207-205913.png

2WQiLk6.jpg

Ok Denver 👌

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
I'd love to be able to put a spare in there if the one for the 370Z fits, but I strongly suspect you'll have to yank some of the Bose system out to do so.
The 370Z video I posted above does say you might have to remove the subwoofer when changing the tyre. This video shows the process a lot better ...

So it might be possible to add a spare tyre, and in some countries it might already come with one. We won't know for sure until a reviewer actually bothers to look or when people here get their ordered car delivered.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The 370Z video I posted above does say you might have to remove the subwoofer when changing the tyre. This video shows the process a lot better ...

So it might be possible to add a spare tyre, and in some countries it might already come with one. We won't know for sure until a reviewer actually bothers to look or when people here get their ordered car delivered.
Well My ( well what use to be mine😔) Peugeot RCZ never had a spare …so I guess it’s not required in Aus

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Well My ( well what use to be mine😔) Peugeot RCZ never had a spare …so I guess it’s not required in Aus
Your one may not have come with a spare wheel, but there is apparently tyre well space for one and you can buy them and a tool kit for the Peugeot RCZ. (This website tells you the three RCZ spare wheel options: full wheel, space saver, or no spare tyre.)

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Passion Red Z spotted on highway in Chicago, from cockpit of a 300ZX