Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Posted by Dennis Wittekind:

Not sure if anyone else has run into this issue. My Proto Spec has a build date of 07/2022 and was delivered last weekend. Dropped the car off to my trusted detailer, and they found that the car has visible imprints in the paint where the plastic covering was 'wrinkled'. Their fear is that a paint correction will not correct these imprints and that the car will need to be repainted. Has anyone run into this issue before? I'm very disappointed that a brand new car would have such horrible paint issues, but it was sitting outside at the port of LA for the better part of 4 months.
_nc_ohc=3jN3KKE0V9wAX-aG0dk&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=tTziK9JBzUAAX8tnQFb&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=EcCXTxJPzDsAX8W-evL&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
SMH.
Looks like leftover adhesive from the transport wrap.
Find a new "detailer".

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
SMH.
Looks like leftover adhesive from the transport wrap.
Find a new "detailer".
Maybe,but I remember back in early summer my dealer told me Nissan was having issues with the paint on the Z so it wouldn't suprise me just like the paint rubbing off around the headlights that people are reporting. I am getting really close to cancelling my pre order and waiting till the next model year.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Maybe,but I remember back in early summer my dealer told me Nissan was having issues with the paint on the Z so it wouldn't suprise me just like the paint rubbing off around the headlights that people are reporting. I am getting really close to cancelling my pre order and waiting till the next model year.

Paint rubbing off is not a paint issue. That's an assembly issue and it seems like they are fixing it by spacing out the bumper slightly.
Paint on any car will get damaged if anything is constantly rubbing on it.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Paint rubbing off is not a paint issue. That's an assembly issue.
The paint rubbing off is not the paint but becomes a paint problem when the fix is repainting the front bumper.Very seldom will the paint match the factory paint

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
The paint rubbing off is not the paint but becomes a paint problem when the fix is repainting the front bumper.Very seldom will the paint match the factory paint

Bumpers do not even match from factory on any car.
Some manufacturers are able to come close but no one is 100%

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Bumpers do not even match from factory on any car.
Some manufacturers are able to come close but no one is 100%
That's true but still would be very pissed off considering it's a brand new car.It would definitely ruin the new car buying experience.Mind you the excitement of getting this car wore off a long time ago.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The next model year is already on its way. The Aus models are being built this month. I would hope that now they know of these issues they will be rectified at the time of building.
Many of us have build dates Feb, for late April early May delivery

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
The next model year is already on its way. The Aus models are being built this month. I would hope that now they know of these issues they will be rectified at the time of building.
Exactly, I'm sure the recent delays around the end of 2022 were revisions happening in the factory. All good news for us 😀

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Paint rubbing off is not a paint issue. That's an assembly issue and it seems like they are fixing it by spacing out the bumper slightly.
More like engineering or parts manufacturing. The parts fit only one way...

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
The build dates in Feb are still 2023 models and hopefully issues are fixed but I doubt that will be the case.The 2024 models will probably show an Oct build date so at this point I think I'm going to wait and not take my pre order when it arrives.

BUMBLZ

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z ProtoSpec, 2013 Fire Orange M3
Occupation
Speed addict ;-)
I had no issues. Those, from what I can only guess by the pictures, Look like scratches. If a lite buff/wax is a fix its exceptable. If new Paint is the pro choice, Don't accept delivery or return it as it will never be right after a local dealers paint shop were to do the paint repair.