First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
engineer
I have the 2023 performance Z with manual transmission. What is the RPM which gives optimum torque for each of the 6 gears?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
id be curious to know.

ive not driven one yet though i had a chance when my dealer took in 2 pre-owned Z's. they were asking way over new msrp and i was not willing to pay that much, so i didn't waste their time...

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
No idea hahah, I've put just a few hundred miles on mine. I just shift it how I feel and what makes the car cruise happy. She's got a lot of kick in almost any gear when the turbos start to kick in. Watch first, as it's quite snappy and the car just wants to send it to the moon in a hurry. I never really go by what's "optimal" just more of a feel for certain situations

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
Agreed, it's more of a "feel" thing. When it's time to shift, it just feels right. And I don't mean redline everytime, although I did have that mindset in my prior less torque equipped cars. This one has plenty of torque and move at low rpm so you can shift early.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Based on the torque curve for the VR30DETT, torque flat lines at it's max from 1600rpm to 5300.

Looks like you can't miss optimal torque

OP
OP
Ramman

Ramman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
engineer
Based on the torque curve for the VR30DETT, torque flat lines at it's max from 1600rpm to 5300.

Looks like you can't miss optimal torque
Thank for your info. One thing I am looking for is a way to optimize my fuel usage. If in deeded the torque lines are flat in the range you stated, I guess my milage will be a function on how heavy a foot I have on the gas peddle.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Thank for your info. One thing I am looking for is a way to optimize my fuel usage. If in deeded the torque lines are flat in the range you stated, I guess my milage will be a function on how heavy a foot I have on the gas peddle.

Fuel economy depends on your rpm.
More combustion cycles, more gas used.

Sorry, I meant vr30ddtt.