Off Topic

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hi Guys…whilst I’m patiently waiting for the new Z, my son has another conundrum. I can ask the shops, but of course they will each want to sell me their products.
My son has a 20 year old Holden Commodore handed down to him from his grandfather. Mechanically sound but needs a little refresh.
He can not afford a respray

So question..wrap or dip…and why.
Either way we intend for the professional to apply it
Cheers

bhamZ35

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks guys…can’t sell, as mentioned it’s my sons…he really wants to do it up. Starting with new speakers ( old do no work) rims and wheels, better breaks, body kit then paint/wrap.
It’s his grand dads car so it’s got sentimental value, but also because of that we know it’s history and that it’s been looked after. Mechanically in excellent condition everyone always remarks on how well it’s been kept.

He would love a fresh respray but in Aus it ranges from 6-10k …wrap is around 3k dip around 2k all professionally done.
Paint is just a step too far at the moment, but may revisit in two or three years

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
maybe a paint correction would bring some life back into it without spending big dollars on a wrap, how about a photo of his car ?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
maybe a paint correction would bring some life back into it without spending big dollars on a wrap, how about a photo of his car ?
Thanks for all the help.
Considering it’s age the paint work is in good condition. There is some paint loss on the spoiler, and a graze on the side ( first few weeks of his licence) but the actual paint is pretty good. My dad was very fastidious with it.

4EF34376-D13D-4D2B-A35F-FE8E5FE7E914.jpeg

A4F331C2-7AE7-4C3B-B2C5-F0D5CE4DCE6A.jpeg

970CF53D-B29B-4EA2-8B0D-2C313AC9617F.jpeg

932A4C0F-B5DB-41E4-9EC6-CED943DB373D.jpeg

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
remove and paint the spoiler , polish out the side with 3m or McGuire's scratch remover , then air brush the area where paint is gone ,
its his first car and I remember my first year OMG .

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
remove and paint the spoiler , polish out the side with 3m or McGuire's scratch remover , then air brush the area where paint is gone ,
its his first car and I remember my first year OMG .
I agree, but I think he wants it to be a Matt black, thus the reason for the original question.
He has bought new rims, stereo and body kit…so the body kit will need some form of treatment.
Rims are Matt black.
I will point out, he saved all the money up himself through his casual job, and even paid his grand father for the car( all be it at a more than reasonable price) so that’s why money is getting thin