Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

Angelo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z34 l E39 l F30
Toyota must've forgotten how to design simple, yet beautiful cars. I know a lot of people who love the modern Lexus designs, but I think those things look too striking, almost offensive, even. In any case, along with the rebirth of the S2K, we have very promising times ahead of us.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I'm sure the new Z will be the same power plant as the Q60 IMO. A long as that happens. I feel the Z will out do the next Toyota and S2k in sells. The Z has always had a great price point for now. They just needed to iron out some other things to make it a solid car.

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
Toyota must've forgotten how to design simple, yet beautiful cars. I know a lot of people who love the modern Lexus designs, but I think those things look too striking, almost offensive, even. In any case, along with the rebirth of the S2K, we have very promising times ahead of us.
I hate the Lexus gaping "predator" mouth design that they force onto every single car. But the Toyota Supra if it looks like those renderings doesn't exactly have a nice looking front end either.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Has there been any mention of what power the Supra will have? Curious if where it will be I would assume in the general 400hp mark. Seems to be the new benchmark for cars lately in the sports class.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
Has there been any mention of what power the Supra will have? Curious if where it will be I would assume in the general 400hp mark. Seems to be the new benchmark for cars lately in the sports class.
I've seen no mention of what could be. Most enthusiast I know want the inline vs the V platform. I feel this new car for Toyota is going to carry a bit morw technology. Which will carry a higher price tag. Like the Q.

I just hope the new Z doesn't have the adaptive steering the Q has. Which I doubt it will to keep the price down.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
I've seen no mention of what could be. Most enthusiast I know want the inline vs the V platform. I feel this new car for Toyota is going to carry a bit morw technology. Which will carry a higher price tag. Like the Q.

I just hope the new Z doesn't have the adaptive steering the Q has. Which I doubt it will to keep the price down.
I would hope the new Supra would follow its predecessor with an inline 6. The 2jz is one of those legendary engines along side the rb26. Just amazing pieces that are still the best and most sought after in the import world.

I will be begging any Nissan rep I see in may to not go with that awful steering setup from the Infiniti line.

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
The new Supra prototypes have been spied testing with multiple engines so the speculation's been that it'll come with different engines for different models. From what I've been reading, the higher performance model will either get a BMW inline 6 turbo engine or a Toyota V6 turbo engine. If it's a BMW engine, it'll probably be the N55 motor from the BMW M2. There might also be a hybrid model, which would probably be powered by Toyota hybrid powertrain.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
I am not impressed by the look of the prototypes so far. They look a lot like a FR-S.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I am not impressed by the look of the prototypes so far. They look a lot like a FR-S.
I agree. It's hard to tell also. Toyota had been going around showing off the FT1 then it disappeared and now you see this little car. Doesn't matter. In the end I'm a die hard Z guy.